I Love You, Man

You looked down at your list of bridal party members, and it read like an awkward movie plot. The mixture of Avengers and their Marvel counterparts would certainly create quite a scene with any media who caught wind of the event, and it made you wonder if eloping would be easier, but given this particular group they would probably just follow you there anyway.

"Steve, have you asked all of your groomsmen yet? This list is a ridiculous number of people, and we need to be sure they aren't out filming so they can actually attend."

"What a coincidence that you should ask," he smiled, leaning against the door frame to tie his shoes, "I'm on my way to meet with Chris right now. You wanna come with?"

"No," you replied quietly, trying to avoid his gaze, "I'm good."

Your tone had him curious now, taking a few steps to stand behind to you to lean down and rest his chin on your shoulder. "Did he piss you off or something?"

"No, nothing like that," you chuckled, "I just don't want to get in the way of your male bonding, or whatever it is that you boys do." Reaching up, you tapped your hand lightly against his cheek, turning your head to give him a quick kiss. "Besides, I have this enthralling catering order to finish. The excitement is almost too much. You could stay and help me if you want?"

"Yeah, well you have a great day, doll!" he called out, making a quick escape from any responsibility and laughing well beyond the close of the door.

~~~

"Shut the fuck up."

"I will not."

"Steve, you're fucking joking, right?"

"Chris, I'm not joking," Steve laughed, taking a long drink from his beer bottle. "I want you to be a groomsman. I don't understand why you're so surprised by that. I had you pick up the ring, so how could you not see this coming?"

Taking an equally long drink from his own bottle, Chris sat back against the chair with an expression full of shock and awe at the man sitting across from him. Barely over a year ago, he didn't know the man personally but had admired everything about him, and here he was now asking him to be a part of his wedding. "I just...I guess I didn't think I was that high on your list."

"Okay, so think again. You in or out?"

"Oh, I'm in, baby. I'm definitely in." He grabbed his phone and began furiously texting, smiling at his phone with each reply. "Oh, this is beautiful," he mumbled to himself, still sending message after message.

Steve groaned and shook his head, finishing his drink as he watched. His counterpart was well known for being the life of any party that he attended, but it only now occurred to him that a bachelor party was required and that Evans had Tony's number.

"What the hell did I just get myself into?"

~~~

The weeks before your wedding passed by so quickly that before you knew it, the bachelor and bachelorette parties were upon you. Steve had been trying to fight going the entire time, insisting that he wasn't much for parties and that he would rather just spend time with you before all of the hectic festivities began. Organizing all of these people in the same place at the same time was nearly impossible, but somehow the two of you had pulled it off.

"Don't forget your phone."

"Got it," Steve replied, tapping his jacket pocket. "What time do you think the girls will have you home?"

"Who knows," you sighed, securing your earring and grabbing one of the necklaces that Steve had given you for your first anniversary. Holding up your hair to keep it out of the way, you gave him the necklace to help you put it on. "They didn't really tell me what we were doing. I'm sure it's going to be pretty late though. How about you?"