I Win

"To the bride and groom!" Chris called out over the crowd as he finished his speech.

You leaned over and gave Steve what you believed to be at least the hundredth kiss since you arrived at the reception, laughing to yourselves when the group surrounding you still found it entertaining. "After this I'm not gonna want to kiss you for at least...a month."

"A month?" he scoffed, holding his chest in mock hurt.

"Maybe a week."

When his expression didn't shift, you shrugged your shoulders and grabbed the front of his suit coat and pulled him in for another. "Fine. You win."

"Baby, I always win," he whispered in a low growl, turning his head to kiss an exposed area on your neck. "I got you, didn't I?"

"Get a room," Jeremy barked from his table next to you, "nobody wants to see that!"

"Oh, but you all can force us to kiss each other for hours on end as long as it suits your amusement?" you scolded, but it quickly turned into squeals when Steve began to make it even more of a scene for Renner's benefit, nibbling at your ear.

"Get in there, Cap! Don't listen to him! He's just pissed because his date cancelled!"

Steve laughed openly against your skin, leaving a final kiss before turning to Chris with a point in his direction, "you broke my concentration, kid. I had her right where I wanted her. I'm not above knocking you on your ass again."

"Steven!"

"Oh, man, she used your full name," Jeremy coughed under his breath with a small whistle, "you're definitely married."

~~~

The next task before you could finally change out of the monstrosity of a wedding dress and into your reception dress was to cut the massive cake that Pepper insisted on ordering for you. It was true that the guest list was equally as massive, but you could easily see having this cake for three meals a day for the next two weeks with what she had purchased. You were waiting for Steve to join you, still caught up in conversation with Paul and Don, when Natasha slid up next to you to hand you a knife as long as your arm.

"Romanoff, why do I feel like this isn't from the kitchen?"

"Don't know why you would think that," she replied, almost nervously straightening the table cloth under the cake stand to avoid looking your way.

"Natasha!"

"What? It's clean! All you said was to get you the biggest knife I could find." She turned and waved to Scarlett, wanting to be anywhere but next to an angry bride with an enormous weapon in her hand. "Next time be more specific."

"Hey, (Y/N)," Maria whispered from her table next to you, "listen, we've got a pretty big wager going on if you're gonna smash Steve. Do you think you will?"

"I can't do that! That's terrible!"

She grabbed your arm and pulled you down closer to her, glancing around to ensure that no one was listening. "Listen, we're up to three grand, but Cobie and I agreed that if you do this, we'll throw in a grand just for you." You waited for a second, considering what you could do with the extra cash on your honeymoon, and if Steve would really even be upset. Maybe it was worth the risk.

"Let's do this."

~~~

"She's gonna get it up your nose, Cap. She's shorter than you. You're gonna be sneezing sugar boogers for days."