Scared

Maeve

I lay back on my bed, groaning.

I completely embarrassed myself! I can never go back to that gym again! Especially since they own it!

"Maeve?" mom knocks on my door before opening. I sit up and smile. "Going back to the gym tomorrow?" she sits down next to me and I sigh, shaking my head. "Why not, love? What happened?"

I sign. 'I completely embarrassed myself in front of the owner. I'm humiliated and he's gonna think I'm weird.'

She shakes her head and takes my hands. "Don't think like that, baby. I mean, did he seem like a douche?"

I take my hands out from hers. 'No. He's actually really nice and really goofy. Probably some adhd. He knows sign language too!' I smile. 'I'm just scared.'

"I've ever seen you talk about a person like that. Maybe he can be a friend." she smiles and as soon as I go to sign, she cuts me off. "Maeve, baby, we love you so so much, but we want you to experience having friends. What's his name?"

I sign. 'Walker'

She looks at me, puzzled. "I'm sorry, I'm still trying to understand names." she frowns. I shake my head and pull out my phone to type it out in my notes. "Oh! I've heard of him!!"

I push my eyebrows together in confusion. 'You do?'

She excitedly nods. "Yes! Maeve, he's a champion pro boxer as of last year! He travels all over for his fights and wins almost every one of them! Your father and I actually watched him last year once he went pro, amazing fight and guy! He always had these two young boys in his corner and they were just having a great time." she pauses. "I can't believe it didn't hit me that you're working out at his gym! That's amazing honey."

I fake a smile.

**

Deep breaths.

I get out of my car and see the boys filming a video.

"You're gonna do great, Mica! Kick some ass! Peace!" Walker puts the peace sign up before Caden stops filming.

I give a half smile seeing how much of a goof he is.

"Sent!" Caden puts the phone up.

"I love how you have the best little fans." Gray makes a comment.

Aww! He was recording for a fan.

"Maeve!" I'm snapped out of my thoughts. Oh no. "I have something to give you!" he runs at the car parked before mine. I watch him with a confused look on my face. "Look!" he runs to me with a teddy bear.

I tilt my head. 'A teddy bear?'

"Yeah." he says out of breath. "I saw my words triggered you last night, so I figured, fuck it! Teddy bear!" he laughs. "It was my comfort teddy bear growing up, always helped me. His name is Stuffings. Take care of Stuffings, he's a nice guy!" he hands me the bear.