Triggers

Maeve

I run into my room, closing the door and bawling out crying into my hands.

"Maeve?" mom walks in. "Baby... what's wrong? I thought you were supposed to be going with the boys? What happened? Is everything okay?"

I look up at her with tears streaming down my eyes. "They asked if I wanted to spend the night up there in the cabin because it's a two hour drive." I sign.

"Oh love... I'm so sorry." she sits next to me. "I know that triggered you, but I truly think you can trust these boys. If you're not comfortable then you obviously don't have to go! But it's in the past, love. I know it's hard and you can't just get over it, but I've never seen you so happy about men! I think it's a good sign."

I hiccup. "They said I would have my own room and stuff."

"That's great! Here, you can go with them, but if it makes you feel better then they could come pick you up here and your father and I could meet them so you feel at ease?" she suggests.

I frown and hold onto Stuffings. "That would be great."

"Text them." she places a kiss on my forehead before walking out.

I gulp and pull out my phone, beginning to text Walker.

Me :
I can come. Would you mind coming to pick me up? Plus you could meet my parents!

Runner 🏃🏻 :
Yeah for sure. Shoot me your address

I smile and type in my address.

I'll admit, after everything I had to go through, I've had terrible trust issues with men.

Truly despise them.

Now I'm about to spend the night with a group of them.

Sighing, I begin to pack up my backpack to keep my mind off of the fact my parents are about to meet these boys.

What if they disapprove of them?

I get lost in my thoughts for a good twenty minutes before I hear a knock on the door.

"Maeve!" dad calls out.

I throw my backpack over my shoulders and walk out of my room.

"Maeve!" the boys smile.

I wave with a soft smile on my face.

"I'm Denise and this is my husband Shaun!" mom introduces herself.

"I'm Caden!"

"Gray!"

"I'm Walker." Walker laughs. "It's nice to meet you! Mae has become my friend now so I'm glad to be meeting you guys!"

Dad brings them in to talk for a minute and I'm surprised to say that they're getting along so well!

What I love the most about this is that the boys didn't change themselves to impress my parents, they were who they are.

i love that about them

"I think she'll be good to go." mom looks at me with a smile.