Friends

so so sorry for the very late update! a tornado hit my town and now everything is destroyed so we've been helping out! now we have gas leaks :(

Walker

I pull out my phone and tap Maeve's contact.

"You gonna ask her?" Gray walks in and sits down on my bean bag chair.

"I am right now, fuckface." I laugh as I type.

Me :
Hey Maeve! I teach boxing classes this morning but the guys and I were wondering if you'd wanna go check out a waterfall with us afterwards?
read 9:26
As soon as I hit send, I see she read it.

After about a minute, she starts typing.

Maeve 🦋 :
I'd love to! Waterfalls are my favorite! I'm about to head over to the gym so I'll meet you there?

Me ;
Yeah!! See you then!
read 9:28

"She say yes?!" Gray gasps and I nod.

"YAY!!"

**

"C'mon bud! Throw those hands! If you do that in the ring next month, they're gonna eat you up!" I smack my hands together. Jacob finally picks up his hands and throws a right hook at Liam. "THERE YOU GO!" I shout. "MOVE THOSE FEET, ISIAH!" I look around. "MOVE YOUR HEAD AROUND!"

Liam pivots and throws a body shot so Jacob comes back and lands an uppercut.

"Damn—"

"THAT'S WHAT I LIKE TO SEE!!" I clap as I laugh. The bell goes off and I get off of the ropes. "Alright guys, good job today." I announce and they knock gloves before getting out of the ring to get off their gear. "You guys are getting for the fight! Why do you not see happy?"

"What if I'm not ready? What if I lose and give your gym a bad name? Everyone you've trained and took to fights always win!" Jacob sighs, taking a huge gulp of water from his water bottle.

I shake my head. "You're fine to fight. I promise you, I'd let you know if you had to change anything."

"Thanks coach. I just wish Liam and I could just fight each other." he frowns.

I laugh. "We're a team, buddy. We're all gonna be right on your corner supporting you. Don't get cold feet. I wouldn't put you out there if you weren't ready."

"Thank you." he takes off his headgear.

I pat his back. "I do want you and Liam to switch up a bit. I'll put you both in a rotation with other boxers so you're both not used to each other."

He nods.

Maeve walks over with a smile on her face. "The boys are looking great! I heard there's an event coming up?"

I nod. "Yeah! I'm taking two of my kids to a match up to Riverdale! We've been training for a few months now since it's their first ever fight."

She smiles, looking at the boys then back at me. "They'll do great."

"I agree!" I laugh. "I'm about ready to go. Have you seen Gray and Caden? Gray was just next to me and I lost him."

"Yeah, they're in the locker room changing." she signs.

"Ah okay, cool. I'm gonna change real quick too. If you have to then the women's locker rooms are over there if you didn't know." I chuckle before jogging off.

I go into the locker rooms, passing Caden and Gray and quickly changing.

"It's a two hour drive to the waterfall!" Caden shouts.

"I can hear you, bitch." I laugh and walk over. "We can take turns driving."

Gray checks his phone. "It's already twelve and it'll be two by time we get there." he pauses. "There's log cabins up there. We could spend the night?"

"That would be dope!" I throw on my hoodie.

"But would Maeve still be able to come?" Caden asks.

My eyes widen. "Right. Let me go ask her!" I run off and leave the locker rooms, jogging over to Maeve.

She looks at me with a smile. "Ready?" she signs.

I try to form words. "About that." I smile. "It's a two hour drive there and another two hour friend back home, so we were just thinking of staying in a log cabin up there just for tonight. Would you still wanna go with us? It's on us. It'll be so much fun and you'll have your own bedroom."

She looks at me in pure fear. "Can I go home and ask my mom first?"

"Of course! We won't be leaving for another hour, so just let me know." I throw my duffel bag over my shoulder.

"Will do. I'll talk to you in a bit." she signs before storming off.

"Bye... I guess?"

I laugh and the boys walk over to me. "Is she coming?" Gray questions.

"She's gonna go home and ask her mom. You guys wanna grab lunch before packing?" I grab my keys.

"YES!" Caden says in exhaustion.

Liam and Jacob walk over to me. "We'll see you Friday, coach!"

"See you kiddos! Keep training!" I point at them and they chuckle, exiting the building. "Alright, let's head out."

The boys nod and we leave.

**

"Have you heard from her?" Gray zips up his backpack.

"No." I sigh.

"Have you texted her?" Caden pushes his eyebrows together.

"Yes doofus, I have." I turn my phones ringer on. "I hope she texts within the next ten minutes because we gotta leave like... soon."

Caden grabs his bag. "Well let's go pack the car and see from there."

"Alrighty, suga!" I laugh, getting my bag and jog outside.

My bedroom has a sliding door that leads out to the front where the cars are parked, which makes it easier for us to load up.

And that's when I finally get a text, so I immediately open it.

Maeve 🦋 :
I can come. Would you mind coming to pick me up? Plus you could meet my parents!

Me :
Yeah for sure. Shoot me your address

She begins typing then sends her location which is only eight minutes away.

"Was that her?!" Caden bounces up and down.

"Yeah, she can come! We just gotta meet her parents so we're gonna go pick her up." I reply.

"Let's go!" the boys hop in the truck.

"Guess I'm driving." I playfully roll my eyes.