Chapter 17

Sam & Cat & the Haunted Thundermans: The Ultimate Team Up

Chapter Seventeen: We Believe You
Alex Russo POV

"Alex, Max, Justin!" I heard my mom shout, "Get down here! We have company!"

It was now around 11:00 in the morning on Saturday, February 14th, which is also known as Valentine's Day, and I was just laying on my bed, relaxing in my room.

"We have company?" I thought to myself, "That's strange. If Max, Justin, or my parents invited somebody over, they would have told me in advance so I would not accidentally expose my wizard powers in front of them. Maybe it's unexpected. But, who's here?"

I finally decided to get up off of my bed, get out of my room, and headed down the stairs, and into my parents sandwich place, The Waverly Sub Station. My brothers, Max and Justin, were not too far from behind me. Standing in front of us was a tall woman with wavy, reddish-brown hair and green eyes. Standing right next to her were our parents. For some reason, the lady looked extremely familiar to me.

"Hi, Alex, Justin, and Max!" The woman warmly greeted us, "It's been such a long time since I've seen you guys!"

Just as I was about to ask the woman who she was and how she knew her names, I suddenly realized why she looked so familiar to me. She was Michelle Hathaway. A long time ago when Justin, Max, and I were all in elementary school, Michelle and her husband used to spend a lot of time working and needed a babysitter for their daughters, Taylor and Frankie Hathaway. Since she and my mom are very close friends, she agreed to babysit them. Of course my parents had to tell my brothers and I not to expose our secret to them before we started to babysit them. I remember that even though they were younger than us, they used to be so well behaved and we would get along with them very well. They stopped coming over once they were more stable and Taylor was old enough to watch over herself and Frankie. We used to have so much fun playing together! I miss those days!

"Mrs. Hathaway!?!?" Justin, Max, and I all exclaimed in unison, confused.

"Actually, it's Ms. Hathaway now," she corrected us.

"Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that....," Max told her.

"It's fine. No need to feel bad for me!"

"So, what are you doing here, Ms. Hathaway?" Justin asked.

"Well, you guys see, I have this GIGANTIC issue going on right now! I didn't know who else to turn to!"

"What's wrong, Michelle?" My mom asked, suddenly becoming concerned.

Like my mom, I was also concerned. Ms. Hathaway, Taylor, or Frankie have not talked to us in years! If Ms. Hathaway is coming to us for help, then that means that she really does have a gigantic issue on her hands!

"What happened?" My dad chimed in.

"You guys aren't going to believe me when I tell you, but it has to do with my two daughters, Taylor and Frankie, and their friends," Ms. Hathaway began.

"What happened?" I asked, feeling worried about my old friends and confused at the same exact time.

Ms. Hathaway looked down and sighed before finally answering me. "I might sound a bit crazy to you, but I think that a bunch of ghost super villains might of possessed Taylor, Frankie and some of their friends and made them destroy their this house in Baton Rouge so they could get arrested. You see, my friends and I defeated a bunch of ghost and super villains a couple of months ago and locked some of them up in a cage and we think that they are trying to get revenge on us."

For some odd reason, I actually believed her. As a wizard, I have been through many things that were much bizarre than what is happening to Ms. Hathaway. It insult me that she thought that would ever sound a bit crazy to us. But considering the fact that she is human and does not know that we are a family of wizards, I can see why she would ever think that.

"I don't know what's crazier," Max began, "All of what you just told us or the fact that I believe it all."

"Same here, Max," Mom, Dad, Justin, and I all agreed.

Ms. Hathaway threw us all an extremely confused look. "You do!?!? Why!?!? If I were you guys, I wouldn't, even though I am not lying!"

Mom, Dad, Justin, Max, and I all looked at each other, not knowing what to say. Justin and Max gave us a look and we all knew what it meant. In their own special way, they were asking if they could tell her about our secret. Since Ms. Hathaway is not as close to us as she used to be, I decided that we probably should not and told her something else instead.

"Ms. Hathaway, we haven't seen or talked to you in years!" I exclaimed, "If you are coming to us for help now, then that means that you really need help!"

"Yeah!" Mom, Dad, Justin, and Max all agreed with me.

"Oh ok. I still can't believe that you guys actually believe me, but ok!"

"So, how would you like for us to help you?" Justin asked.

"All I need for you guys to do is to into court with us and defend them so they don't go to jail for something that they didn't do!"

"Alright, but do you think that it'll work?" Mom asked.

She thought for a moment. "I honestly don't know, but hopefully it does."

"Yeah," we all agreed.

"Alright, let's go to Louisiana! Grab onto me!"

Mom, Dad, Max, Justin, and I looked at each other and shrugged. We then followed Ms. Hathaway's orders and grabbed onto her. All of the sudden, she tapped on a few buttons that were on her cool-looking, black wrist watch, which was wrapped around her left wrist. Then all of the sudden, I felt this odd, tingly feeling. That's when I noticed that we were all disappearing into tiny, light-blue molecules. I felt this feeling before. We were teleporting to somewhere in Louisiana.

A/N: Ok, I know that most of the characters in Wizards of Waverly Place aren't kids anymore, but in this book Justin, Alex, and Max Russo are still kids. Also, none of the events that happened in the series finale never happened. Let's just say that Alex and Justin are around Sam, Cat, Carly, Freddie, and Gibby's age and Max Russo is around Phoebe, Max Thunderman, and Taylor's age. I really hope that you guys enjoyed this chapter because it was hard for me to write since I haven't watched the Wizards of Waverly Place in such a long time!

-C77