𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝟭𝟳

"w-what?" you said, hearing your voice hitching at the end

"w-what?" you said, hearing your voice hitching at the end.God dammit it, you wanted to cry. You could feel the agony in your throat, feel it behind the burning sensation at the back of your eyes. You wanted to cry like you had done the day it all began, the moment those people who you used to call family stabbed you in the back, and if you didn't get yourself together you would've lost your control right there in front of the man beside you. That insensible man who held your every bit of feelings around his grip.

"I warned you didn't I? and you underestimated my cabality Mrs Jeon, at least now you know your place and you know mine" Jungkook mumbled into your ear then smirked later "but truth is my love, as much as I love the look of fear in your eyes, I had other reasons to invite your parents here, but that's another surprise"

You muttered something under your breath that Jungkook was quite certain didn't hold up in polite circles, but nevertheless he regarded you considering it as a normal reflex of surrender.

He finally moved toward the gathering, put a hand behind your back and led you toward the crowd like a friction toward the coal. Your expression remained unbearable, but you both continued moving about the room murmuring fake greetings as you passed through guests and acquaintances. Servents were brushing around with glasses of champagne, so Jungkook replaced his with something stronger, barely watering his lips as he glimpsed down through the edge of the glass and noticed his men approaching.

"can someone explain to me with convincing words why I'm being assigned into this mess" Jimin sluttered obviously pointing his words at the reunion of both blue and green eyed hierarchy "come on Jimin don't be buzz killer, the fun is yet to come" Jungkook smirked, and if you ever wished to scratch that grin off his face and feed it to him, there wouldn't be a better time.

"Yuna..." Taehyung whispered, pausing his gaze on his wife's direction and surely, he felt his mouth drop from amazement. He turned to Jimin and poked his hand "can I yell across this crowed room and tell him her dress is making me horny" Jimin sighed "yes but, no"

"y/n" Jungsu suddenly said from behind you, crossing the space to reach your hand and held it against his lips, longer than Jungkook's pride would accept.

"you look surprisingly pretty tonight" he smiled and your breath caught Jungkook could feel it.He couldn't tell what was behind your eyes, but behind his, stood jealousy aching him to shove his brother away, and fold you all to himself.

"surprisingly?" he heard your smile. You were somewhat eased from your little exchange, even if you too nervous to show it "it was supposed to be a compliment Miss y/n,take it or leave it"

"Mrs Joen" At the sound of your new statue, you moved rectangulary away from Jungsu. Your heart robbed the beats, and you didn't realize the tint blush was slowly whispering over your cheeks. Mrs Jeon, a bitter sweet reality.

Jungkook suddenly stole a look back at you to see if you cringed at his brother's sugar compliment as much as he did, but you were smiling blindly, looking into his eyes like he was a gentle-toughed, well bent gentleman.