1

— Chapter One —

Hearing his father's voice yell through the house was never something Donghyuck enjoyed, especially not when the man was calling his name.

In moments like these Donghyuck wished he had moved out already but he had to remind himself that this was the easier way. With his twenty years of age, he was working for his father. Working to take over the position as the CEO to be exact. At the moment however his father was still in charge which was why Donghyuck now skipped down the stairs to see the angry man dramatically gesturing with his hand.

"There you are. Button up your suit correctly. Nobody wants to see their boss wearing his clothing inappropriately." the man scolded him. Donghyuck sighed and did as his father told him to.

The two men rushed outside where a car was already waiting for them. They got in and on the way to the company building Donghyuck's father kept nagging and scolding his son. Not a very enjoyable time if you asked Donghyuck, especially since he still felt slightly hung over from last night.

His friend, Jaemin, had turned twenty and of course they celebrated with maybe a bit too much Soju. It was a great night but Donghyuck should have seen it coming that the morning afterwards would be horrible. And on top of all that it was Monday as well.

Arriving at the company the two got out of the car and entered the tall building. Every employee recognised them easily, to no surprise as Donghyuck's family was well known in the business industry.

On their way up Donghyuck exited the elevator one storey before his father as the older man quite literally worked higher up than him. The young male wasn't complaining though, actually he felt relieved finally not having to hear his father's voice.

Donghyuck in fact didn't even like his father. The man was loud, rude and noisy, thinking that he was the best simply because he was the owner of a high class company. Even Donghyuck didn't pride himself with that as much as his father did.

Now Donghyuck was seated behind his desk in his office, letting his secretary tell him about today's meetings. She was good at her job but Donghyuck couldn't really listen to her, the woman's voice drowning in a buzz of office noises and phone calls.

He dismissed her soon enough and thanked her for leaving a copy of today's planner on his desk. She gave him a smile and left.

Leaning back, Donghyuck could finally take a breath and crack his neck. He hadn't slept for very long and his head was still hurting a little. He walked over to the water dispenser and filled a cup which he drowned in one go. Letting out a sigh he went back to his desk and finally started working.

Around midday or so, Donghyuck got a call from his father. Rolling his eyes he answered it and listened to his father complain about another company for a few minutes before interrupting him and asking "Can't you tell me what's up? I'm trying to work here."

"Come up and bring your secretary with you. I want you to learn from me. I'm going to make a deal with Lee Enterprises. Watch me completely trick them." the man explained. Donghyuck scoffed quietly but replied "I'll be right there."

His father hung up and Donghyuck raised himself off his chair, cracking his bones. It was so uncomfortable having to sit all day.

He exited the office and called for his secretary "Akira, please join me and my father for a meeting."

"But there isn't any meeting planned?" she asked sceptically but stood up nonetheless. As she gathered her things Donghyuck replied to her "There wasn't until now. You know my father."