7

— Chapter Seven —

Mark watched as Donghyuck slipped into unconsciousness. His eyes rolled to the back of his head and then his lids fell shut. His body fell forward and Mark was quick to hold it up with one arm. He leaned Donghyuck back against the tree.

For a good minute he just stared at him, not really wanting to believe that Donghyuck was totally out. He had only seen the man like this once and that was when Mark had woken up in the plane after the crash. He had left immediately after, only returning for his belongings.

His decision hadn't been on purpose actually, he had just wanted to look around and then got lost later in the jungle. And then when seeing Donghyuck he just couldn't stand the thought of having to live with that moron. He would've gotten Mark killed long ago.

Even now, he didn't seem to have learned. Mark but his lip as he looked down at Donghyuck's wound. It seemed deep and Mark was glad that Donghyuck was blacked out or else he would have probably screamed in pain when Mark started to clean the cut with water he had found on the plane.

Luckily since the wound was so fresh, there wasn't any dirt in it but it bled a lot and Mark had to keep tissues close for at least twenty minutes before finally wrapping Donghyuck's leg in bandages he had found in the first-aid-box.

"Fucking hell." the man mumbled under his breath as he wiped the sweat of his forehead. The sun was burning down on them and Mark was sure he had a sunburn by now. He looked down at Donghyuck's face which was slightly frowning. The younger man, too, had a faint blush spread across his cheeks which would probably turn into a sun burn in the next few hours.

Mark contemplated carrying Donghyuck to the plane but realised it would be impossible. Mark wasn't weak but Donghyuck was an adult man, unconscious and with a wound that Mark had just wrapped up. The risk was too high so Mark just let him stay at the tree, however made sure to cover Donghyuck's head with a piece of fabric that had ripped of during the eagle's attack.

Speaking of the eagle, Mark was still mad Donghyuck didn't listen to him. He could have easily shot the animal if it wasn't for the other being a total idiot.

Mark had known there was an eagle's nest near the stone hill which was why he didn't use it as a shelter. The eagle almost attacked him too once, it was probably a mother protecting her babies and territory. Which was why Mark was so annoyed at Donghyuck when the other just loudly announced his arrival in the eagle's territory.

Mark went back. He saw the eagle's corpse and kicked it out of sight. Yes, it was sad she had to die but she could have seriously injured not only Donghyuck but Mark as well so he didn't feel too bad. In general his morals had gone rather numb while staying in the jungle. It was weird but even though he felt more connected to nature, he also felt as if he was above it. Probably humanity's superiority complex.

Back to reality, Mark collected some aloe vera. It was quite literally a live safer here in the jungle and Mark had felt extremely relieved when he found it. Once he had collected a bunch he went back to the beach where he used Donghyuck's knife to cut them open and spread the cool liquid that was oozing out of them on his own back.

He wanted to put some on Donghyuck's face as well but hesitated. What if Donghyuck woke up in just that exact moment? How would he explain himself then?

In the end he spread a bit of it on his thumb and traced it over Donghyuck's nose and cheek which was where he was the most red. To his surprise Donghyuck had no beard stubbles whatsoever. Maybe he shaved?

It could be but Donghyuck seemed pretty hairless in general. His tanned legs and chest were smooth, Mark struggling to find a single hair on them. He was jealous honestly as he almost had a moustache by now.