15

— Chapter Fifteen —

Nothing, not even the pecks, could've prepared Donghyuck for the way Mark's lips would fit perfectly against his own. As soon as he realised what was happening, Donghyuck kissed Mark back. He wrapped his arms around the older's neck as the heavenly feeling of Mark's lips capturing his spread throughout his whole body.

It was as if all their tension, all their pent up frustration and hidden emotions were finally exposed. Through their kiss they told each other how much they had been yearning to do this.

His insides turned when Mark pulled his waist close so their bodies collided. The kiss, gentle before, now turned more fierce and Donghyuck loved every thing about it. It was as if he was feeling Mark on a new level, his taste, his smell, the cold water surrounding them. It was all so intense and Donghyuck sense his knees go weak at the blissful feeling. Luckily Mark's arms prevented that from happening.

They stood there, chest against chest. Donghyuck was sure Mark must be feeling the other's heart beat against his chest that's how tense but happy he was.

The younger male did absolutely not want to let go of Mark even when he was running out of air. He only quickly detached his lips to take one deep breath before reconnecting their lips. And Mark, too, didn't hold back anymore. He tightly gripped Donghyuck's waist, digging his fingers into Donghyuck's tan skin, so the younger had no chance of escaping. Not like he wanted to anyway.

Mark's lips were more addictive than any alcohol, any drug or any gambling game in this world. Donghyuck felt himself drawn to them, felt as if they were saving air when he was about to drown, felt as if they were the few drop of water that were saving him from dehydration.

"I. Was. So. Worried." Mark managed to say between their kisses but Donghyuck barely listened. Now that he finally had the opportunity to taste Mark's lips he would continue to do so. Hopefully forever.

It took a warning "Donghyuck." from Mark for the man to finally stop. He deeply inhaled, gasping for air desperately. Mark chuckled at his stupidity but was also panting heavily.

"Where the fuck did you go?" the taller male now asked, staring down at Donghyuck. The latter felt intimidated to say the least and while still panting he mumbled "Well, my leg is almost completely healed so—"

"So you just decide to run away? Without even telling me? And your leg is not healed yet by the way." Mark said, voice slightly raised.

"Yes, it is. What do you mean?" Donghyuck asked, now totally confused. He thought Mark would be happy to see him gone so he wouldn't have to care for him anymore.

"No, it's not." Mark replied. His voice sounded desperate as if he was telling it to himself and not to Donghyuck who slowly understood what was going on. Mark was in denial of him being healed. Mark wanted to have him there, wanted to be with him.

That realisation gave Donghyuck little butterflies in his stomach. He had been having them a little too often recently for it to be a coincidence. Surely he wasn't falling for Mark, right? It was just that the man was the only other human being on this island so Donghyuck was bound to feel more intense around him, right?

"You know you said you would kill me and stuff so I thought you.. actually wanted me gone." Donghyuck tried to explain himself. Mark put his hand under the smaller's chin, making them lock their eyes.