vi

↳ ❝🍓 [chapter 06] ¡! ❞

YOONGI'S HAND WAS CLAMPED AROUND Eva's and he could feel her clinging right back. She feared losing him in a crowd like this, trapped once more in a prison of flesh and swear that would make her have a panic attack in the middle of the party. They navigate it together, just hanging on to each other by their fingertips.

He was looking to find Trey and his posse of devoted disciples who follow him around like lost puppies and kiss the ground he walks on like he's a Christ figure.

Yoongi wasn't fond of the man who ran this gang of his. He was narcissistic, had a superiority complex, and thought he was the hottest shit since sliced bread. But he was also smart and meticulous, though his temper could get a little out of hand at times.

His slightly racist "jokes" and comments certainly didn't help with his popularity.

Yoongi looked back to make sure Eva was okay. She looked small amongst all the people, out of place, like she was going to break out crying from overstimulation. He'd get her out of here soon, he just had to deal with some shit and then he'd take her home.

He finally found the man, out back with his close group of friends, sharing a blunt amongst each other as they leaned against the broke up chain-link fence. They take a hit and pass it around, much like the girls they liked to share amongst them. Yoongi keeps Eva close. She's off limits.

"Aye, Suga!" Trey called out as he approached. His lips curled into a smirk when he saw the meager little girl he seemed to be holding on to like she meant something important to him. She obviously didn't belong here and Trey had never seen him drag around a girl like that, like he was willing to kill anyone who got too close.

"Who you got there?" Trey spoke with a casual ease in his tone, eyes focused on Eva like a predator looking upon its prey. Eva looked up at him for a moment before shuffling to hide behind Yoongi. Her hands gripped onto his jacket and she hid her face behind his arm. Everything about this man spelled danger to her, even more than Yoongi did.

"No one of importance to yo-"

"What's your name, sweetheart?" Trey fully disregarded Yoongi. He and his entire group were eyeing her, making Eva grow more vulnerable and Yoongi more defensive. Whatever they had in mind for her wasn't going to happen.

"I said it doesn't matter." Yoongi pressed a little harder. Trey wasn't a big fan of backtalking. His eyes snapped over to the shorter man and his square jaw tensed. "I wasn't talkin' to you was I, Chopsticks?" His lips curl into a scowl.

As stated before, racist.

Yoongi pressed his lips tightly against each other, holding himself back from saying anything that would get the shit beat out of him. He felt Eva hold onto him harder, scared.