viii

↳ ❝🍓 [chapter 08] ¡! ❞🚬

"OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD. Yoongi what happened?" Eva nearly tripped over herself attempting to get back to Yoongi. Panic overtook every facet of her being. She was breathless, hands trembling as she returned to the bloody man who had sprawled himself across her couch with his head tilted back. He pinched the bridge of his nose, trying to stop the bleeding which simultaneously got blood on his face.

"I tripped." Obvious lie but Eva chose not to question it.

Eva gently pets her own head, trying to calm herself so she could figure out the best way to handle this. Yoongi didn't seem severely injured. The only part of him bleeding was his nose but she couldn't be exactly sure there weren't any internal injuries that needed to be looked at.

"Okay," she soothed her hands over her head one more time. "I'm gonna call 911 so we can get some hel-" Eva went to go grab her phone but Yoongi's hand shot out and took her wrist in his grasp to stop her. He sat up and shook his head. "No, no police, no ambulance. I'll be fine, just get some wet towels, rubbing alcohol, peroxide, and some ice." He leaned back against the couch, once again out of breath.

Eva shot up and went to go get everything he told her to. She told herself that she should call on professionals to help him, but she knew if she did, Yoongi would end up in a lot of shit. He was a gangster, the moment they treat him he'll be put into police custody. He seemed to be very calm as if this has happened before. He knew exactly what he needed.

Eva felt her heart crack a little.

She ran through her house, collecting everything he needed before diligently returning to him. Eva sat down beside him, haphazardly tossing everything on the coffee table, and took the wet washcloth to clean him up. She reached out carefully and turned his head to the side so that she could wipe away the blood from his face and hands.

She was close, maybe too close, kneeling on the cushion beside him while dabbing away at the blood on his face. Her eyes meticulously searched his face, always coming to meet his gaze before sheepishly darting away. The sweet scent of her perfume infiltrated his nostrils with the sweet smell of floral mixed with a hint of vanilla. She comforted him without even saying a word.

"Is this your blood?" Eva grabbed him by the wrist and lifted his bloody hand to his face. She watched him shake his head side to side. It was someone else's and the thought of what he did terrified her. "In self-defense?" To her relief, Yoongi nodded.

"Can you please tell me what happened?" Eva's voice was a ghostly whisper. She used the towel to clean his hand before the blood could dry. He'd have to wash his hands to get the blood from under his nails. The corners of his lips turned upwards for a moment. "It's nothing for you to worry your pretty little head about, angel." She didn't need to know the gory details, nor did she need to feel bad or think she need to feel guilty.