xix

↳ ❝🍓 [chapter 19] ¡! ❞🚬

EVA OFFERS TO LET YOONGI STAY THE NIGHT AT HER HOUSE. It was nothing out of the ordinary, plenty of times has Yoongi just fallen asleep on her couch. At some point, it became nothing more than just a second bed to him. He much preferred Eva's house to his own, even if he lay alone at night on the couch.

They drip all over her door mat, soaked in rainwater. The light sprinkle didn't last long and quickly devolved into violent showers which had no mercy on either of them. Shoes are abandoned beside the front door in a reckless clutter one of them would probably trip on in the middle of the night. Eva turned to look at Yoongi, his cheeks flushed in red and his eyes were cast away with embarrassment, mostly because Eva's shirt was clinging to her chest and he could see her purple bra.

"Hold on. I think I have some clothes that can fit you." She liked to wear big clothes to sleep, it was just comfier, so no doubt she had something to fit Yoongi. Eva walked away, trying not to get anything wet as she made her way upstairs, leaving Yoongi standing at the front door. He leaned back against the door and looked down at his hands, his fingers tracing over the tattoos over his knuckles.

Yoongi wanted to pull out his soaked box of cigarettes and smoke. He medicated himself in the only way he knew how. If he didn't have cigarettes, he drank, and if there was no alcohol, he'd sleep to get away from the stress for a while. Postponing the inevitable. He didn't take them out. One, they may not even light being so wet, and two, he isn't going to disrespect Eva. Sure, she might not stop him knowing that he's grieving, but why would he ever take advantage of her kindness like that.

Out of the corner of his eye, Yoongi saw Oreo making his way over for a friendly greeting. He looked up at Yoongi with his bright, jade green eyes and meowed, rubbing his head along the jean fabric of Yoongi's pants. He squats down and scratches behind Oreo's ear.

Eva soon comes down, wearing fitted sweatpants and a loose-fitting shirt. In her arms, she has a towel for Yoongi to dry off and folded clothes she thought he'd be able to fit. He wasn't all that much bigger than her. "Here, if anything doesn't fit I can find something else." Her voice feels like a kiss on the forehead. She comforts him without even intending to.

Yoongi thanks her quietly, almost hugs her before he stops himself. Instead, he simply breezes past her to go to the bathroom and change.

It's been a while since he's looked at himself in a mirror. Pulling off his wet shirt, he never noticed until now that he was gaining weight. Yoongi wasn't as skinny as he once was. His ribs were no longer visible through his milky skin. His skin wasn't just clinging to his bones anymore, there was muscle and meat, fat required to keep him alive. His once sunken stomach now pressed against the waist of his pants.

At least Eva's insistent need to feed him wasn't in vain.

Yoongi got dry and put on the fresh, dry clothes, grey basketball shorts and a slightly fitted black shirt. He wasn't exactly sure where to put his clothes when he left the bathroom but luckily for him, Eva was just coming upstairs with a hot cup of tea. She noticed Yoongi standing in the middle of the hall with the ball of his clothing in his hand. "Oh, I'll go put it in the washer. For now, have this." Eva exchanges the mug for his clothes to toss them in the washer with her own clothes.