epilogue

↳ ❝🍓 [epilogue] ¡! ❞🚬

YOONGI AWAKES WITH with a started gasp. It's cold and crisp. He can tell he's outside immediately, but how did he get here?

The first thing he sees is his hand and arms. They're smooth, covered in his tattoos, unfaded, unstretched. He also notices that he can breathe properly and that his vision is better.

He's young again, 25.

What in the hell?

"It took you a while." A voice captures Yoongi's attention. It's so familiar and even after so many years, he recognizes the deepness of it, the teasing tone.

Immediately, Yoongi sits up. His hands come to feel the hard shingles of their childhood home under his skin. It takes a moment for his eyes to adjust to the darkness but the moment he does, he sees him.

Yeonsoo.

The man leans back on his hands, looking out at the dazzling night sky with admiration for that that is far and beyond. Within sight but so far out of reach.

He's just the same as all those years ago. Still young, still handsome, still has that wonderous look in his eyes as he looks out at the stars. His lips are pulled into a little smile.

Yoongi's still confused and dazed. He remembers only his hospital bed and going to sleep. Now he was on a rooftop, young again. He blinks and runs his fingers through his hair. "What?" Is all he can manage to say.

Finally, Yeonsoo turns to look at his little brother. A single brow raises. "I said, it took you a long ass time to finally get here, you slowpoke." He chuckles deeply at how confused Yoongi is.

"You're dead, Yoongi. Done, no longer existing in the real world. I thought you said you were ready for this."

Yoongi finally remembers what really happened. He had died in his sleep.

He was in...whatever afterlife this was.

"Soo-" he begins only for his older brother to interrupt him. "Yeah yeah, I know you've missed me. I missed you too, Yoon." Yeonsoo grins, patting the spot to his right. "Come watch the stars with me, baby brother."

Yoongi hesitates at first, still in this surrealist world where his brother was with them and they were gaze at stars. Some of his happiest memories happened just like this. He moves to sit beside his brother, pulling his legs up to his chest.

He thinks of all he's ever wanted to say to Yeonsoo. To tell him about his life and how it had gone. The love he had and then lost. He wants to tell Yeonsoo everything. But first, he wants to apologize.

"I'm sorry, Soo," Yoongi murmurs apologetically. "You always said that if I joined a gang, you'd kill me." He was much like a sheepish, 10 year old again. He always felt so much younger than his brother, even in this scenario, his body was physically older than Yeonsoo's.

🎉 You've finished reading ❝𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗔𝗪𝗕𝗘𝗥𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗦 & 𝗖𝗜𝗚𝗘𝗥𝗘𝗧𝗧𝗘𝗦. ── 𝗠.𝗬𝗚✔️ 🎉