xvii

↳ ❝🍓 [chapter 17] ¡! ❞🚬

"SO...WHAT DO YOU THINK OF IT SO FAR?" Eva asked with eager curiosity, plopping down beside Yoongi on her couch while he read. She had invited him to come over early and who was he to decline? Yoongi would spend every waking moment of his day She was just now getting started and as she waited for everything to heat up to make lasagna, she decided she'd bother her favorite person in this neighborhood.

Yoongi's apathetic grunt belies the fact that he stayed up 'til nearly 2 in the morning reading this heartbreaking book. "It's alright. Not the worst thing I've ever read." He shrugged carelessly, taking note of the page he was on before shutting the book, and tossing it down on the coffee table.

Eva's lips pulled to a pout. "No! It's a great book, you're just lying to seem tough." She read him like an open[book but Yoongi didn't try to confirm her words. He gazed at her, sitting beside him with her legs folded beneath her. For once she isn't all dressed up in something nice and pretty, but that didn't mean she wasn't still pretty. Eva's fresh-faced and gorgeous, wearing a white, spaghetti strap tank top and red running shorts which might be a size too small. She trusts him and it feels good. She's trusting him not to sexualize her or suddenly become creepy around her. He's never sexualized her before, not openly at least.

Yoongi looked past her, into her empty dining room at the box of parts to her dining room table "You still haven't put that thing together?" He questioned, getting up from the couch to go and check it out. Eva got up and followed behind, twisting her ring around her finger. "No, I'm not very good at putting things together."

Yoongi came over and examined the white box, pulling it down until it lies flat on the ground. "I can try to put it together for you." Shouldn't be very hard.

Eva's made of stardust. Her eyes contain all the stars in the sky which light simultaneously when he offers to help her. "Really?! That would be great! Thank you, Yoon. You're so sweet." She kisses his cheek as she always does to thank him. To her, they're sweet and tied in a neat little bow of innocence, but Yoongi always feels like the world is caving in and his knees are going to give out.

While Eva made dinner, Yoongi sat in the empty space just a few feet away trying to assemble her table based on the directions given. It didn't take that long, wasn't even all that difficult, maybe Eva just wanted him to do it so she didn't have to. Sly girl.

He put the table up on its legs and immediately went to assemble the chairs.

"There. That was easy." Yoongi sighed and got up from the floor, pulling the round table to the middle of the room before putting the chairs in the right positions. He was damn near positive he just got fucking duped into doing this for her, but he liked Eva so much that he didn't even care.

Yoongi came and poked his head into the kitchen where Eva was sitting on her phone while she had the lasagna cooking in the oven. "I'm done." He moved to the side to show her the assembled furniture. Eva put down her phone and went to go look at her now put-together dining room set.

❝𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗔𝗪𝗕𝗘𝗥𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗦 & 𝗖𝗜𝗚𝗘𝗥𝗘𝗧𝗧𝗘𝗦. ── 𝗠.𝗬𝗚✔️On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara