xxvii

↳ ❝🍓 [chapter 27] ¡! ❞🚬

"HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT ABOUT GOING ON A DATE WITH ME?" Eva liked smacking Yoongi with hard-hitting questions that would usually make a man break out in a cold, nervous sweat. "What are we?", "How important am I to you compared to other things?", "Is this a relationship you want to take seriously like...you see a future with me?", etc. Yoongi always seems to pass these tests with flying colors...or at least a passing grade. "You're my girl and I'm your man.", "The most important.", and "Absolutely. I ain't tryna get up out the hood just for shits and giggles."

Yoongi lifted his face from the small crook of her neck he had it buried in. "Yeah, of course, I have. Just haven't figured out where I'd take you." He's actually been debating it for a while now, thinking of something she may enjoy. "Do you want me to take you on a date, angel?" He can feel her shudder as his cold fingertips slip beneath her shirt and trace across the warm skin of her navel.

Eva nods against her pillow. She's been thinking about what Yoongi told her, how he wants to leave. She thinks of what could go wrong, how dangerous things could get if the wrong person were to find out. Eva wanted to spend as much time with him as she could. She wanted to cherish these little moments they had together because in the case something happens, God forbid, she wants to remember them as they were. "Yeah...I do."

"I'll take you somewhere then, angel. Don't worry about it."

Yoongi's too sweet for his own good.

The topic isn't brought up again for another week and life goes on until Eva hops into his car after work. She texted Yoongi to ask him to come get her as he usually does. He was there 2 minutes flat always quick, always reliable.

"I think I know where I wanna take you for our date." The words leave his lips casually though there was nothing casual about it. Eva perks, looks at him while he drives with a single hand on the wheel and the other holding on to hers. The rough callouses of his palm meet the fleshy softness of hers and Yoongi thinks of how much she likes rubbing her fingers against them, like that would soften the literal thick skin.

"Really? Where?"

"It's a surprise."

Eva holds the giddiest smile he's ever seen on her lips. "I'm excited. When are we going?" Yoongi finds her enthusiasm adorable and makes it all the more heartbreaking to know that they were so desperate to go on a date out of the fear that if they waited too long, something would happen where they physically couldn't. He wants to treat her right, offer her something to hold on to, keep her warm at night if he couldn't be there to do so.

"Today...now. I don't want to wait a moment longer."

He can't wait. He can't wait. Yoongi almost flinches when Eva removes her hand from his just to do something as simple as roll down the window.