¤THIRTY-ONE¤

"Jungwon, wake up." Sunoo slightly shaked the younger waking him up.

"Someone's waiting for you."

"Who is it?" Jungwon croaked, voice still husky from waking up.

"It's Jay. He's downstairs waiting."

With the aforementioned name, Jungwon quickly got up and washed his face.

"Wow, when it comes to school you move very slowly but when it's with him you move instantly." Sunoo remarked, crossing his arms.

After coming out of the bathroom, Jungwon asked. "Is my face clean?"

"I don't know, did you wash it?"

"Yes obviously."

"Then might as well say it's clean, right?"

"Well maybe there's stains left?"

"Stains? What the heck is your face? A plate?"

"How do you describe it then?"

Sunoo moved closer, noticing the swolen and red-shot eyes of the younger. "What happened?"

"Hm? Happened about what?"

"Last night?"

"Nothing, just s-studied for t-the test this upcoming w-week."

"Stop lying." Jungwon tried passing through Sunoo but was blocked.

"You said Jay was there so I have to go and meet him."

"Before you meet him tell me what happened first."

"I-i studied."

"Liar. We're literally in the same grade and there's no way we're having a test this week. What did you do?"

"Why do you have to know about it tho?"

"I'm older than you, your hyung. So it's given that I should be concerned about you and 'your swollen eyes'."

"Can I tell you when I already can?"

"Ok but you have to tell me."

"I promise."

With that, Jungwon went down and Sunoo proceeded to his room giving the moment for the couple.

Seeing the latter, Jay immediately smiled delightfully at Jungwon.

"What is it that you wanted to talk about?"

"Let's talk about it upstairs."

"Sure."

Having them both in the younger's room, Jungwon was contemplatating whether to tell him this instant or not.

"So, what is it?"

"Uhhh, I-I received s-something yesterday." Jungwon kept on stuttering which was not normal to him.

"And?"

"So I opened it then s-saw something."

"And that something is?" Jay was trying his best to have patience at the younger who was having a hard time telling what he saw.

"I don't know if that was true or not but it seemed like it actually is."

"Then what is that thing you saw that is true?"

Jungwon wasn't sure about his next actions because he felt like crying again from the happenings last night.

Without thinking, Jungwon embraced the older. Feeling the memories he reminisced last night.

Jay wasn't even surprised with the younger's actions so he carried him and brought him to bed where they cuddled.

"You're crying again." Jay commented and stared at the younger who cried and remained silent.

Looking around the room, the older noticed a box placed at the corner.

With the lid open, he instantly knew what the contents were.

He felt bad for Jungwon who went through a lot because of him but the younger still managed to read the past diary entries he had.

On the other hand, Jungwon who was still facing the older's chest was trying how to tell Jay about the contract he just received.

When he was just about to fully give the older a second chance, he just had to receive a very awful contract he never imagined would be given to him.

After the reminiscing, he figured he might just give Jay another chance but the contract, the effing contract made him doubt.

Was Jay really taking him seriously?

"Hyung, do you still love me?" Jungwon subconsciously questioned.

"Of course, what makes you think I don't?"

"Are you sure about this? Everything?"

"That's what I came back for, for me to receive a second chance from you."

Having to hear these, Jungwon was a bit comforted but still has doubts so he remained muted.

"Why did you have to open the box?" It was Jay's turn to ask.

"I just missed everything."

"But pain went through you again so why even bother open when we can start new ones now."

"Because bringing back the happy ones we had way back just brings me joy."

"Sometimes happy memory hurts you the most."

"Well, for me memories I shared with my dear ones are a treasure that lasts a life time. So even if I have to make new memories with the person who once hurted me, I would never abandon those past ones."

"Alright, you win."

Jungwon forgot what he had to say to the older whom he called last night.

And so they stayed there under the sheets cuddling and embracing the moment they have.