Chapter 3

Midtown High School

Peter had dropped me off at school and now I was headed to English class. I went inside the classroom and sat down. The girl Stacy from yesterday had already got there. I sat down next to her because every where else was full. She looks over to me. She doesn't even care that I'm here. I don't really care and I pay attention to what the teacher is saying.

After class she doesn't even try talking to me. I mean she was really fake last time we spoke so I guess it's not that bad that she's not speaking to me. I go to Chemistry. I go sit at the seat I was sitting at yesterday. Then the same boy from yesterday, Matthew Greyson, came and sat next to me. He smiles at me and I smile back. During class I don't really pay attention. I'm still thinking about the suit. Should I be like dad?

After class Matthew comes up to me and asks, "Are you okay?"

I was confused. "Yeah. Why do you ask?"

"Well I saw you really not paying attention in class." He saw me doze off in school.

"Yeah. I'm alright just thinking." He nods. I blink out for a moment until he says, "Morgan." I blink back to reality. "What are you thinking about?" I don't respond. "You can tell me." He says, reassuringly. I think of something to say. But I don't know what. Without thinking I said, "My brother. He's going to be a dad."

"What's his name?" I think should I tell him. I mean everyone already know him. "His names Peter. Peter Parker."

He looks shocked. "As in Spider-Man?" I nod.

"She's lying." We hear a voice say. It's Stacy. She rolls her eyes at me. I raise an eyebrow. "What are you doing talking to my boyfriend?"

"He's your boyfriend?" She nods. She then looks at Matthew and says to him, strictly, "Why are you talking to her? You know you can't talk to girls." What did she just say? She doesn't allow him to talk to other girls? What a horrible girlfriend. "You can't control him." I say. He looks at me. A look that says 'thanks but I can defend myself'.

"What would you know about relationships. About love?" She says. It was a stupid question because I obviously know what love is. I have never been in a relationship but I know what love is. And it's definitely not that. "I do know about love. I have never been in a relationship but I know about love. My brother and his wife. My mom and dad every-." She cuts me off by saying, "Your dad died!"

"Stacy!" Matthew scolded her. She rolled her eyes at him. She looked back at me and smirked. "My dad died when I was five." I said in a defensive tone.

"Wow. He didn't even die when you were a baby. At least then you wouldn't know him." She pauses. "Tell me Morgan why did your dad die?"

"He died saving half of the universe." I say. She's really starting to get on my nerves.

"Half of the universe was back before we heard the news of Tony Starks death. According to my mom Bruce Banner saved us." She laughs and shakes her head. Like a true villain. "That means he died, but not for the other half of the universe. Maybe he died cause he was sick of you. Maybe he died because he didn't love you." She says harshly.

"My dad loved me. He loved me so much and I know th-." She cut me off again by practically yelling, "Then why did your dad die!!"

I was so sick of this. I didn't care who was watching or who was around. I just had to shut her up about my dad. "MY DAD LOVED ME. HE LOVED ME SO MUCH. HE DIED SAVING THE OTHER HALF OF THE UNIVERSE. YOU WEREN'T THERE. YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED. DON'T EVER SAY THAT MY DAD DIDN'T LOVE ME. HE LOVED ME. BUT HE HAD A JOB. A JOB TO SAVE THE UNIVERSE!!!" I had a few tears running down my face by now.

"So your saying your dad put being an Avenger before his own family!!"

"HE DIDN'T JUST DO IT TO SAVE HALF THE UNIVERSE. HE DID IT FOR MY BROTHER. YOU COULD NEVER KNOW HOW IT FEELS TO LOSE YOUR DAD!!!!"

She looked outraged too. "MY MOMS HUSBAND GOT BLIPPED. MY GRANPA AND GRANDMA GOT BLIPPED. SO YES I KNOW HOW IT FEELS. I DIDN'T KNOW THEM. I WAS A BABY. THEY WERE GONE FOR FIVE YEARS. SO IF ANYTHING YOU DON'T KNOW HOW I FEEL. I LOST THEM WHEN I WAS A BABY-."

This time I cut her off. "THEY CAME BACK. MY DAD DIDN'T. IT'S BEEN ELEVEN DAMN YEARS. I WAS FIVE THINKING MY DAD WAS GOING TO COME BACK. BUT HE DIDN'T. I WAS TOLD HE WAS KILLED. SO SHUT UP AND LEAVE ME ALONE." I was about to go until she came up to me and slapped me. Everyone gasped. Little did she know she just messed with the wrong girl. I was trained (Thanks to Peter) how to fight. I punched her which wasn't a good idea but I didn't care. Matthew came and held her back so she wouldn't punch me back. She kept trying to get out of his grasp. The teachers came and took us both to the principals office.

I was kinda scared they were going to call my mom so I quickly said, "You can't call my mom. She's at work. She's very busy."

The principal looks at me. "Alright. Anyone else I could call." I thought for a second. I can't call Happy, he would tell mom. I can't call Harley, he would tell mom too. So I went with the only person I could think of. "You can call Spider-Man." I suggested. I knew Peter was the only one not to tell mom. The principal looked at me as if I was crazy. But he called Peter anyway.