Chapter 5

Morgan's POV

We were driving home. I was a little worried of what mom would say? Peter wasn't talking most of the time. Was he mad at me? Oh, who am I kidding of course he is. It was very silent and I hated it. So I started up a conversation.

"So who was that?" I ask. I was actually curious.

"Umm... well I went to school with her. Her name is Liz Allan. I kinda, maybe, did have a crush on her." He said. Peter had a crush. He never told about it. We tell each other a lot of things. Not everything but a lot of things. I've told him about my crushes. Why didn't he tell me about his old ones?

"Why didn't you tell me. We tell each other everything. I feel betrayed." I say, dramatically. Peter laughed. "So what just a crush?" I continue.

"Well we kissed once." He says. I give him a look. He laughs. "It was before I started dating MJ." I nod and smile. "So what happened?" A pause. "With you and her." I say.

"Well, I, umm, I kinda put her dad in jail." He says, nervously. I look at him. Shocked. He quickly asks, "Do you know the story about The Vulture?"

"Yeah? Dad would tell me all the story's he knew about you guys." I say. He would always sit me down when I was bored and told me about them. On occasion he would act them out. It was funny.

"Well, he was Liz's dad. So yeah." I nod. "So basically. I had a crush on her, we kissed, I put her dad in jail, then she moved to Oregon." He said. We laughed at how stupid that sounded. We sit in silence again until he asks, "Why did you get in a fight?"

"I already told you. She was talking about dad." I said, with a little bit of an attitude. I didn't want to tell Peter everything because he would get so mad. He would probably kill her for saying that to me about dad. I know it's not true. I know my dad loved me.

"That's not all. I can tell by your face." He says. He can always tell by my face can't he. When I was little and I was mad Peter or Harley whoever was there would talk to me and then scare mom or Happy. It would always get me to feel better. But I never understood how they knew I was mad. I try to hide it but according to everyone it's pretty obvious.

"I don't want to talk about." I say and look out the window. He nods his head and we continue going home. When we arrive I grab my backpack and go towards the door. Peter knocks and we hear a pair of heels (mom) coming. The door opens to reveal my mother talking on the phone. She notices us and tells the person she's talking to that she had to go. She got off the phone and looked at us, wanting to know why I was home early.

Peter looked at me to tell her. I sigh and say, "I got in a fight at school." I look down. Knowing my mom is disappointed in me. I never like when she's disappointed in me. I always want her to be proud of me.

"Thank you for bringing her here Peter." She says. She doesn't even question why she didn't get called. Peter nods, gives me a 'your gonna die' look and leaves.

Mom enters the house and I follow her. She sits on the couch and sighs. After a couple of seconds. "Why didn't I get called? Why did they call Peter?" She asks, calmly. I'm surprised she's calm. Why isn't she yelling at me? I'd rather have her mad at me then disappointed.

"I didn't want you to know." I answer, quietly, looking down.

"You do know I was going to find out anyway, right?" She asks, making me sound like I was stupid. Which I was at this moment. I nod. She crosses her arms. "Why did you do it? Fight?" She says, slowly.

"She was talking about dad." I say, not wanting to go to much into it. She looks at me, knowing there's more to it. I couldn't snap at her (like it did Peter) and tell her I don't want to talk about it because she's my mom. So I told her the truth.

"She told me that dad didn't love me. She told me dad died because he was sick of me. That he put being an Avenger before me," A pause. I'm starting to cry. Every time I talk about dad I get emotional. "She slapped me, so I punched her back." Instead of yelling at me or giving me a disappointed look. She came up to me and gave me a hug.

"You know your dad loved you right. And he would give anything to be here with you right now. He did that so you could live in a better universe. So their could be more kids for you to hang out with. So you could meet Peter. Don't ever believe what people say about him. He always loved you and he always will. Even if he's not here anymore." She says. I nod. I cry more now.

After what felt like 5 minutes we pull away from our hug. I wipe my tears. Mom then tells me, "I love you and I understand why you did it. But please no more fighting Morgan. I know how mad people can make you feel but don't punch people okay," I nod. "And I'm not mad or disappointed." She smiles at me and I smile back. I love my mom. She rarely gets mad at me. She always understands in the end. And we just make up so easily if we have a fight.

"Let's go eat dinner." She says and we head to the kitchen. We have our dinner and talk.