Chapter 8

I woke up and felt like something special was today. Then I realized it was Mother's Day. Mother's Day took place on a Sunday so I had no school. I immediately called Peter.

"Whaaaatttt?" He greeted, groggily.
"Wake up. It's Mother's Day. In like an hour can we go get some flowers?" I say. I always liked Mother's Day. It was a day I got to remind my mom of how much I love her and am thankful for what she does.
"Yeah, sure. In an hour." He agreed.
"Ok, great. See you in an hour." I say and hung up.

In the mean time I decided to make my mom breakfast. Every Mother's Day I would wake up earlier than mom so I can make her breakfast. When I was a child dad would make mom breakfast. Sometimes he would burn it but we just laughed. But after he died I decided to do it for mom. So since I was like 5 all I would make was cereal. But now I know how to cook more things like pancakes and eggs. After I finish the eggs I go to moms room and see her awake watching tv. She looks over to me and smiles. I go over to her and hand her the breakfast (I also brought her a smoothie).

"Thank you sweetheart." She tells me.

"Mom, I'm going to go with Peter somewhere for a bit. Is that okay?" I ask. Hoping it's not to rude that I'll be gone. She nods. I give her a little side hug and go to my room. I get changed because he should be here in 5 minutes. I hear a car pull up and I go outside. I get in the car and we head towards the store.

After getting the flowers we sat in the car because Peter asked me a question and he didn't know if we should go home or somewhere else. "Why did you buy 5 bouquets?" He asked.

"Because, the red ones are for Aunt Wanda. The white ones are Aunt Maria. The yellow ones are for Aunt Carol. The pink ones are for mom. And the purple ones are for Aunt Nat. I mean I know I barely knew her but dad told me a lot about her and I like to consider her my Aunt." I explain. Dad would tell me a lot of story's of the Avengers before he died. And I have met her. Peter nodded and we headed to Aunt Wanda's.

Wanda's House

When we got there we got the flowers and headed up to her door. We knocked and she came to the door. She immediately smiled at the sight of us. We then gave her the flowers and she hugged us. "Thank you. But I'm confused. Why did you give me these?" She asks.
"Well, it's Mother's Day. And your kinda like a mom to me." I answer. She smiles and hugs us again. "Thank you."
"Your welcome. Well we better get going. Love you." I say. And we go to Aunt Carol's house.

Carol's House

When we got there we got the flowers and headed to her door. 2 seconds later the door opened. It was Aunt Carol. We are really close. I'm close with all my Aunts and Uncles. "Hey, kiddo." She says. Without saying anything I give her some yellow flowers we bought. "Happy Mother's Day. I love you." I said. Aunt Carol came up to me and gave me and Peter a hug. "Well, we better get going. We have more people to see." Peter says and we head over to Aunt Maria's house.

Hill's House

When we got there I got the white roses and we headed to the door. We knocked and heard someone yell, "Coming!" After that someone opened the door and we were greeted to Aunt Maria. "Hello." She said. Just like Aunt Carol all I did was give her the flowers. I followed that with saying, "It's Mother's Day so we decided to get these for you."
"That's right. It is Mother's Day. Thank you but shouldn't you be with your mom?" She asked. "Yeah. I should be. But I wanted to give you a little something. But I'm going to spend the rest of the day with her." I explain. She nods and pulls us into a hug. "We better go." Peter said. She nods again and we head off.

"Where to next?" Peter asked.
"Aunt Nat's grave." I answer plainly. He looks at me and smiles. He nods and we go to her grave.

Nat's Grave

We get there and Peter stays behind. I don't know why but he just did. I guess so I could talk with Aunt Nat even though she probably couldn't hear me. I grab the purple flowers and head over to the grave. I bend down and place them there. I then start to talk.

"You probably can't hear me. But I just wanted to say I love you. I know I barley knew you I also feel like I do, after all the story's dad told me about it you. Anyway, Happy Mother's Day." I say before heading back to the car.

The Starks House

We get home and I say bye to Peter. I grab the pink roses I picked for mom and head inside. She was sitting on the couch watching TV (they had given her the day off). She notices me and asks, "Why were you gone so long?" I respond with nothing. I go over to her and hand her the roses. "Happy Mother's Day." I say. She smiles and hugs me.

"Thank you sweetheart. But why did it take you 20 minutes to get flowers?" She asks. That's when I realized I hadn't told her I was going to visit my Aunts.
"I gave Aunt Wanda, Aunt Carol, Aunt Maria and Aunt Nat flowers." I explain. Without questions anything mom gives me another hug. "That was so sweet. Wanna watch a movie with me?" She asks. I nod and we head to the couch. We watched movies and hung out the whole day.