Chapter 56

(author's note:
i always say that my stories have hints everywhere and if you reread them you'll find little easter eggs that tie into later chapters

(author's note:i always say that my stories have hints everywhere and if you reread them you'll find little easter eggs that tie into later chapters

)

"Are you okay?"

Yeji snapped out of her thoughts, nearly jumping once she spoke. Causing Ryujin to fight off a small smile forming at the sight.

"What?"

Ryujin shook her head, sitting besides the girl and offering her one of the drinks she had just purchased from the vending machine.

"I asked if you're okay."

"Oh." Yeji made a noise, much like humming, one she did often while thinking. It was endearing to her.

"Can I help?"

Yeji seemed surprised by her offer. But why wouldn't she offer? It was clear judging by the hesitation that something was wrong. If Ryujin could help Yeji then she would.

"My shitty professor."

Ryujin feigned shock, much to Yeji's annoyance who immediately rolled her eyes. "She curses."

"She does."

The response only made her chuckle, taking a few sips for her drink before speaking again. She wanted to steal the girl away once again but how could she even suggest that? Would it be okay to ask? No. Yeji would surely say no. The crinkle between her eyebrows was displayed for everyone to see as she attempted to form a plan.

"I haven't seen Soobin in a while."

"You're that close to him?" Yeji asked, knowing only of them meeting once before.

"Not at all." Ryujin smiled, shrugging. "I was trying to smoothly ask you if you wanted to visit the coffee shop."

"You only made me think you and Soobin got close."

"No." she waved her hands, nearly spilling the drink she was holding. Panic growing behind her eyes at Yeji's assumption. "No way. No Soobin. Forget him."

"No Soobin?" Yeji asked, looking amused by it all. Holding her drink with both hands near her lips before drinking some more.

"Give me a break." she sighed, trying to get back whatever flirting skills she once had.

"I wouldn't mind it but I don't finish classes until two hours from now."

"I'll wait for you."

Yeji looked away from her, taking another sip of her drink before looking at Ryujin again. "Meet me by my car."

"It's a date."

The older of the two took a deep breath, looking a little too exhausted all of the sudden. "It's most definitely not a date."

Ryujin winked at her, getting up from the bench they had been sitting on. Bag on her shoulder and drink in hand, walking backwards to stare at Yeji. "Can't wait for our not date."

"I'm canceling this." Yeji spoke, probably joking. Maybe.

Ryujin tapped one of her ears, now standing far from her. Pretending she hadn't been close enough to hear it. "Sorry, can't hear you. I'll meet you at the lambo."

Walking to her next class, she couldn't help to have a permanent smile on her face. They were only acquaintances and maybe would never cross the line to being romantically interested in each other. Much less having something other than a friendship. But being friends was already a good thing. Although Ryujin was still hoping for more.

She rushed to Yeji's car, avoiding running so that the girl wouldn't call her out on almost busting a lung trying to get there as fast as humanly possible. It was also already a miracle she had yet to criticize her old hoodie, overpriced sweatpants and beat up sneakers combination. She wouldn't add sweat to the list of problems.

Yeji took exactly an hour and 12 minutes to show up after her. She knew that because she checked the time every few seconds, as if it would make it move any faster. She didn't even have to rush there considering her classes finished much earlier than Yeji's but her brain couldn't think of anything other than getting to where the other would meet her.

Watching as the other walked up to her, she got deep in her own thoughts. It's true that Yeji's looks were what caught her attention at first. It's easy to see why that would be. The girl was literal perfection in every way and Ryujin was only human. How could she not be captivated by her beauty from the moment she laid her eyes on her?

There was nobody else who ever did such thing to her. Sometimes she would find a girl beautiful but never to the point of having her do anything for her.

Actually...

She thought back on the days when she was missing her canine tooth. In particular to the day when she met a strange girl near the river at night. Thinking back to that memory she had been so fond of, Ryujin figured that was the first time she would have done anything for a girl. Until now.

And somehow both times, she barely knew the girls in question. Although she would argue that she knew Yeji well. Just not the inner her that she kept a secret. But Ryujin was determined to get the girl to open up.

"Are you coming or not?"

How long and she been staring off? Yeji was now close to her, waving a hand in front of her face and she hadn't even realized it.

"Right." She jumped, laughing embarrassingly about it. "You took so long, I just dozed off."

"I told you I had classes"

Ryujin shrugged. "You could have skipped."

"Stop being a bad influence."

"Am not."

"Clearly."

Ryujin hugged, looking outside her window as Yeji drove off.