Chapter 83

"I thought you hated me, you know?"

"I know. Maybe I wanted you to."

"Why?"

"Because I didn't like the alternative."

"What's the alternative?" Ryujin was standing on the other side, leaning against the opposite wall until the door opened again and Yeji left. Making her rush to do the same and catch up. Taking a turn to get to Yeji's car, she was caught off guard by the other girl who suddenly stopped her. Holding her arm and making them stand way too close.

"Don't you know yet?"

Ryujin raised an eyebrow, trying not to feel nervous but Yeji's stare was making her feel like there were wrong answers to the questions and she was terrified to ruin everything.

"I don't. Mind enlightening me?"

Yeji gave it some thought, Ryujin noticed. Her face clearly expressing deep thoughts and focus. Ryujin silently observing and waiting hopefully for an actual answer. One she didn't expect but hoped would come.

"Sleep over tonight."

"What?" Ryujin questioned, brows furrowing and shock more than clear as she stared at Yeji who was starting to get into her car.

Shaking her thoughts away, the shorter of the two jogged a little to catch up, opening the car door and staring at Yeji who did nothing but stare back and sit down on the driver's seat. Ryujin sitting at the passenger's seat a moment later.

"Let's talk about it. Tonight."

Nervous didn't begin to describe how she felt. Of course Ryujin wouldn't dare to have high expectations, after everything that happened. But the promise of having a conversation about this, finally after months of avoidance and confusion, was something that caused her anxiety to rise.

"Okay."

Yeji only offered a nod. Driving off to the dance academy.

There were no words exchanged between them. Only the music playing filling the silence but Ryujin didn't mind. She found herself thankful for the silence because it allowed her to digest the feelings of what could be happening that night.

Should she prepare for heartbreak?

Was it even heartbreaking if Yeji didn't really have feelings?

Did she have feelings for Yeji?

Everything about them and about Yeji specifically confused Ryujin.

Ryujin who never had a problem knowing exactly how she felt about people. Who always knew how she felt for whoever she had interest on. Until Yeji walked into her life.

She might have been someone who avoided serious relationships, had multiple non committed relationships and flirted around with far too many people. But she always knew where she stood and what her feelings were. Ryujin never was confused in the way that Yeji confused her. She knew when she had a crush and she knew when she liked someone. She was aware when all she wanted was to have a fling or when she wanted something serious, although the latter was a rare occurrence.

With Yeji however, it was like she was the least experienced person in the matter. One moment she thought she had a crush, the next she would swear it could be love and then she would simply dismiss it as infatuation for someone she barely knew.

And who's to tell which was real? Even Ryujin herself didn't know.

Did Yeji?

Ryujin eyed the other girl as they walked inside the dance academy. Quietly observing the way she carried herself. Always so sure of herself. Never showing a moment of doubt or hesitation in the things she did.