chapter 34

Ryujin found herself at a random bar with Jiu. Laughing and talking about anything that came to their mind. It was easy to talk to her and perhaps the fact she spent most of the time being ignored by Yeji, only made her want to socialize with someone even more.

"How are things with Yeji?" her ex suddenly asked, making her frown.

She supposed they couldn't avoid the subject forever. Finishing the drink in hand as if motivation to finally speak about it.

"Awful. As you could probably tell." she admitted, offering the other a smile but it didn't look genuine enough to fool anyone. Especially not someone who knew her as well as Jiu did.

"That bad?"

She only nodded.

After a few seconds of silence with neither of them knowing exactly what to say, she spoke again. Her words clearly influenced by the alcohol she had been consuming for hours now.

"I think she has someone else." she admitted, thinking about Yeji with that guy she had never seen before. It made sense though, she had suggested it after all. It's not as if Ryujin herself hadn't agreed to that. In fact, it was her fault it was happening. She shouldn't and had no right to be mad or upset about it. Yet, it bothered her. She couldn't just sit there and pretend it didn't.

"Seriously?" Jiu almost sounded upset for her until Ryujin chuckled and placed a hand over hers, calming her down.

"I suggested it." she explained. "I thought it would be best if we found someone that made us happy since we don't get along. I suppose she already found her person."

Jiu seemed to relax but she could feel the pity in the way she looked at her and Ryujin hated it. One thing she couldn't stand was being pitied by others.

"Stop looking at me that way." she waved her hand before offering her a smile. Gesturing for the bartender to refill her drink again. "I'm annoyed she found someone first but that's all."

Her ex didn't seem to believe it but eventually shrugged it off, which she was thankful for. "If you say so."

She only hummed in response. Texting Yeji that she should just go home without her and she would meet her there. Not caring if the other took it negatively that she abandoned the event.

In all likelihood she hadn't even noticed her absence.

They continued to drink until Ryujin pulled out her phone to check if Yeji had replied. Seeing that she hadn't, Ryujin frowned. Finally deciding to open the messages Lia had sent her earlier.

 Finally deciding to open the messages Lia had sent her earlier