Chapter 68

(Author's note: how did this story get so long? Thanks for sticking around for so long)

"That looks good." Yeji spoke from behind her, peaking at the food Ryujin had been preparing.

"I told you that i'm a good cook." Ryujin stated, smiling while looking over her shoulder. Catching sight of the girl behind her.

Yeji looked good. Really good. She was wearing expensive clothes, she had noticed. Yet they were far more casual and comfortable than usually. Her hoodie oversized, covering her hands easily when relaxed. Making her look small and cute. Not that Ryujin would let her know that though.

"Have you set the table?"

Yeji hummed, stealing some of the beef bulgogi. Receiving a judging look from her, causing Yeji to shrug in response. Chewing the food and smiling afterwards.

"Stop that. Just wait until we sit down." Ryujin took the plates and started to move to the dinning table. Setting them down on it. "I thought you were all about proper manners."

The older girl that was following her around only smiled slightly. "I thought you were all about no manners."

Ryujin stared at her, shaking her head at how annoying she could be. But somehow she didn't feel annoyance. Not at all. Whenever Yeji showed this side of her, Ryujin could only feel they might have more in common than she thought.

"Thanks for the food. You shouldn't have. We could have ordered in."

Ryujin shrugged, smiling at Yeji. Both sitting down on the table. "It doesn't feel like Christmas unless there's homemade food."

Yeji seemed to think about it for a second before nodding once. Making her wonder what Yeji's experience with the holiday was like. She had mentioned how such day wasn't important to her but to what extent? And was it because of a bad experience or simply not caring?

"We should exchange gifts after dinner."

"Who says I have a gift for you?"

Ryujin pouted before chuckling. "Sorry for assuming. It's fine if you didn't get me anything but I did get you something."

"You didn't have to."

"I wanted to."

Yeji stared right at her, looking to be in deep thought before blinking a few times and focusing on her food. Humming while eating it, something that easily made Ryujin smile.

"It's really good."

"I know."

"Stop being so cocky."

"You like it though." Ryujin teased, her eyebrows wiggling to try and bother the other. Causing the older of the two to roll her eyes.

"You think too highly of yourself."

Ryujin scoffed, smiling at Yeji. She wasn't bothered by that anymore. Not really. She knew they were friendly and despite the fact the other didn't seem to get charmed by her, Ryujin knew there was no genuine insult in her words.

"You look beautiful." It was blurted out so casually that neither of them saw it coming. One moment she was eating, the next she looked at Yeji and felt like she should know. How good she looked. The words coming out before she could stop them.

Yeji seemed caught off guard, her eyes widening slightly and head shaking. "You need to stop that."

"Can't friends compliment friends?"

"I guess, when you put it like that."

Ryujin smiled, watching Yeji reluctantly accept the compliment. "Thanks."