Chapter 2

(Author's note: finally itzy are allowed to post on Instagram. I missed their selcas)

Ryujin had no form of contacting Yeji, nor did she find any particular interest in doing so. But it would be nice to know when that girl would be sending someone to pick her up. Instead of sitting there with her luggage, waiting helplessly.

"Don't make the girl's life too hard, Ryujin." Her mother warned her, smiling while picking up her handbag. She would be going to the office, leaving Ryujin to wait for someone to pick her up.

Ryujin chuckled, yelling out from the couch where she was sat. "Of course not. I'm an absolute pleasure to be with."

Her mother only scoffed, walking through the front door and leaving Ryujin alone at the house.

She may or may not have caused some trouble throughout her two decades alive and her mother knew about at least a good amount of it. Clearly, she didn't trust that she would be on her best behavior. Maybe she was right to be suspicious but it's not as if Ryujin planned to sabotage herself and make Yeji hate her. They were stuck in this together, whether they liked it or not. And yet Ryujin had a strong personality so she was sure they'd butt heads at times. Shouldn't be too big of a deal though.

Someone finally arrived to pick her up as it was nearing sunset. The man wasn't as old as she would have expected. Well, he certainly wasn't her father's age. Which caused her surprise. But maybe it was because rich people liked to have someone they could trust that would work for them their entire lives. Since Yeji was still young, it made sense she would hire younger people so that in decades they'd still be employed to her. Or maybe it was because he's handsome.

Not that Ryujin cared about men at all but she could still tell when a man was good looking. Maybe Yeji was straight or bi and wanted some man in his 30s walking around as eye candy.

For some reason that didn't quite sit well with her. Despite the fact she had spent most of her life thinking her and whoever she would be marrying would likely have to settle for having someone on the side.

They finally arrived at the house after much longer than she had expected. It actually was located in Gangnam, which she was thankful yet surprised about. Ryujin wasn't a city girl per se. She didn't go around shopping all day long and avoiding all things rural. Usually old money rich people who owned big houses tended to build them outside of cities, either for privacy or so they could have the biggest house they could afford. It was stupid. She didn't want to drive for a long time to be in Gangnam. Or any other city. But usually, new money rich people that did live in the city, could only afford to buy luxurious condos and not their own houses. Maybe that was why most older people didn't choose the city.

That's also why it came as a surprise that Yeji didn't just live in the city, but actually owned a house. Not an apartment. An actual house. In Gangnam. Ryujin figures the Hwangs were likely as rich as her family, if not more. It really explained why they had chosen Yeji for her to marry. Maybe it had nothing to do with her liking girls but then being the richest of the options.

She got into the house, insisting on taking one of her own bags. Although Yeji's driver was very persistent but there was too much luggage to carry anyways so it wasn't like he could carry them all without making multiple trips. Besides, Ryujin was spoiled, born into old money yes, but she had lived abroad by herself. Just herself. No staff or anything these spoiled rich kids grow up with. She was living at a boarding school though, that's why there was no staff. Still, it made her more independent.

The inside of Yeji's house was nice. Tasteful. Sometimes in rich people's houses, Ryujin would end up wondering if they didn't know how to use their money. Either they'd end up with houses that looked like nearly empty and lifeless museums, or they looked straight out of the last century. Old and as if they were hotel lobbies. She didn't like either. But this, she could learn to love this.