Chapter 16

Lia was laughing loudly at something she had said seconds before when the other girl suddenly showed up in the kitchen

Lia was laughing loudly at something she had said seconds before when the other girl suddenly showed up in the kitchen. They had been baking together, not even aware of the other's presence in the house, causing both of them to be surprised.

A silence filled the air around them, none of them daring to say a word. Or wanting to. Lia because she was the outsider that the older girl hated, Ryujin because of what had happened between her and Yeji days before and Yeji surely for the same reason.

"Why is there flour on the kitchen floor?" Yeji questioned, looking at the floor in front of her and then back at both girls whose clothing might have been covered in the white powder.

Ryujin only grimaced, hoping things would go well. "Clumsiness?" She offered, unsurely. Her best friend sighing besides her but not offering any better words either.

Yeji took a deep breath, walk around the kitchen island and towards the fridge as to avoid the flour. She looked just slightly too annoyed but at least she hadn't kicked Lia out, yet.

Ryujin's gaze followed her movements, noticing how she went straight to the freezer and pulled out an ice cream. Moving again to where the spoons were and grabbing one.

"Why are you staring?" Yeji suddenly questioned, breaking whatever daze Ryujin had been under. Blinking a few too many times before catching her baring on reality and noticing the teasing eyebrows Lia had raised at her. "Carry on."

She would consider Yeji not forcing them to stop their baking a win. Even if she was still annoying as ever. Ryujin offered her a nod and turned to Lia, nudging her to stop giving her that all knowing look of hers. Causing the other girl to chuckle before making a kissing face. One that Ryujin responded with an eye roll and a hand full of flour to her cheek.

"Shin Ryujin. I'm going to kill you." Lia yelled out, attacking her in revenge, adding to the mess that was the kitchen. Ryujin trying to cover her face the best she could so not to end up covered in flour but every time she opened her eyes slightly, the floor was whiter than before.

"Yeji. Help." Ryujin yelled out, not actually expecting anything from it. In fact, the older girl had likely left to her floor as far as she knew. Not that she was able to see her surroundings in that moment.