7. Without you

It's been four months, Louis read the book Jay gave him, full of so many questions Louis thought could never be answered, where answered. 

Although what he found out was a surprise to him it made sense to the Omega, but he didn't like it, because he knew what would happen in the future because of the book. 

Chapter Nine: The Mate. 

Whether you're an Alpha, Beta or an Omega you'll have a mate. Most don't come into contact with their mates until their mid-thirties whereas others are forunate enough to even grown up with their mate.

Most commonly, an Alpha would be mated to an Omega as an Omega is weak without their mate and at it's strongest with an Alpha mate. Betas are commonly mated to Alphas also, however Betas have been found to mated with another Beta. Whereas an Omega can only be mated with an Alpha. You will know when you've met or been in contact with your mate as there are symptoms:

1. You'll be able to sense your mate's emotions. 

2. You'll know when you're mate's in trouble, or being attacked as you'll feel their pain.

3. Although painless, you'll (both) develop a burn. Every burn is unique to only you and your mate. Although commonly a moon and star on each mate or half a hear each. Shared pairing are common.Theburns can also vary in colour and sizes, as well as being anywhere on your human form's body. However only on the base of your paw can you find your mark in wolf form.

4. Being away from your mate for a long period of time causes you both to become weaker, not havin enough energy to do much wthout your mate.

5. During sexual intercourse, an Alpha will bite their mate below the neck, an instinct that can only occur when having intercourse with their mate. Changing the smell of a Beta or an Omega to let others know they've been mated. 

These are the most common symptoms, but not the only. Although it's rare to have any other symptoms. 

Louis didn't think it was possible for him to have found his mate at his age. He was young. He knew that much, but then he thought about Niall and Zayn, they'd grown up together and Liam said they were inseperable since they were eight, knowing they were mates when Niall found out he was an Alpha at fifteen, as alpha's are known as Beta's until they've matured, as an Alpha takes the longest to become who they are due to their abilities (controlling Beta's and Omegas and such). He was worried; worried for himself, worried for Harry, worried about what he suspected. He didn't want to do anything. He didn't want to eat, he didn't want to change to his wolf form and what he didn't want to do the most, is sleep. When he slept he had dreams of green eyes and brown curls. 

The sun comes up, deserate. And as quick as it came, it went. The starts come out, holding him back. He could only watch, watch as the Alpha he hasn't seen in so long kills his friends. Killing Liam, killing Niall, then killing Zayn. One by one, all gone. The Alpha then finally turns to Louis. His green eyes once so kind and careful, now hard and as cold as stone.  Louis knew this would happen, the hunting trip did exactly what his Master and Gemma wanted. It ruined the Harry Louis knew and created a hunter. An Omega hunter, one that was finally going to give Anne what she had wanted all this time. Something to hang up above her as she ate with Hharry and Gemma proudly. Harry was going to Kill Louis. 

Louis woke up from this dream panting, sweating and in pain. He felt it in his leg, a sting that was like a whip lashing him repeatedly and he cried out into the dark in pain, making Jay rush quickly to his side in his bed. Jay wrapped her arms around the Omega. Telling him it was okay and no one was actually hurting him. Eventually, he calmed down when he could no longer feel the lashes, just feeling a slight burn where it had been and was able to breathe normally again. Jay continued calming her son whispering small things to Louis to make him forget about his dream and the pain. Louis fell to sleep again soon after, with one thought on his mind. I hate this. 

Yes, the dream was reaccuring, and so was the pain he felt, but sometimes he'd feel it in a different area of his body, or it won't feel like a whip, it would feel like a bite. One afternoon whilst Louis was in the bath he realised something, something on his ankle that took his breath away from him. A small key was on his ankle, engraved onto his skin. He rubbed over the spot and it felt like the rest of his skin although the key was an inky black colour. Louis was shocked to say the least and went straight to his mother to show her after his bath. 

Five months past and Louis had been so tired, he could only just make it to the dining table these days, his body had started rejecting food, causing him to become slimmer and weak, he can't manage to turn into his wolf form as when he tried he fell asleep halfway through his change, resulting in Jay trying to wake a wolf (which didn't go too well). Later on that day Louis was on his sofa waiting for Niall to come round, he sighed realising Niall was twenty minutes late, he was about to give up and go to bed when the Alpha bursts through the door with Liam by his side. 

"L-lou... Come on come with us quick!" Niall commands out of breath.

"I.... What's wrong?" Louis shakily stands on his stick thin legs. Liam comes over to him helping him outside, to where Niall has changed into wolf form. 

"Get on to Niall we'll explain when we get there, quickly Lou!" Liam helped Louis onto Niall's back knowing the Omega wouldn't be strong enough to do it alone and as soon as Louis was securely on Niall's back they were off into the woods. Louis didn't know if it was the sudden movement of Niall running, but he felt a pull in his stomach which made him want but he didn't know what it was he wanted - although the deeper into the woods they went the more he could feel it.