14. Just When Everything Worked Out

Fortuntely, Harry's rut ended just as Jay was due home from town. Although Louis did tell Harry they would soon have to start looking for thier own place to live within the next three months so that Jay wouldn't have to hear or (god forbid) see them like that again. Jay would surely have a heart attack if she even found out about what has happened whilst she was gone. Louis didn't mind, however, as he knew he'd have to move out eventually, and who better to move out with than his soul mate? Harry knew how to comfort Louis, as just being in his Alpha's presence calms the small Omega when upset, angry or anything on those lines.

The night Jay got home, Harry had started dinner - as they'd established Louis can't cook at all, ever - and Louis was sat at the table watching his Alpha contently.

"Hi boys! I'm glad you didn't burn the hous edown or anything, well done." Jay teased as she left her suitcase by the stairs and joined the two in the kitchen.

"Hi! How was town?" Louis asked softly as Jay sat beside her son.

"It was okay, I hate travlling to town though. I'm not comfortable with all the buildings and what not, I prefer it much better here." She replied as she kissed Louis' cheek. "How's it been without me then?"

"U-um... Good, it's been good." Louis stuttered as he thought about Harry's rut, and how they discussed having a house to themselves. He was nervous to tell his mum, even though she did tell him she understood he had to move on as he was growing up. After all, he did have a mate now. Jay thought he deserved his own private life, after spending all of his life telling his mum every little detail about his life so he wasn't lonely, it will be a huge change for Louis, but it's also what is best for Louis.

"Good, Harry, how have you been?" Jay asked sweetly, seeing as the boy was cutting vegetables.

"I've been great Jay, had my rut whilst you were gone though..." Harry said bluntly and Louis choked on his own spit. He couldn't believe Harry was so out there about it. He wasn't going to tell his mum that piece of information. However, Harry knew Louis wouldn't say anything so felt that he'd do t for his mate. Since he sensed his nervousness as well.

"O-oh... I'm glad I was gone then," Jay didn't know how to reply but did very well, although she did cry a little inside now knowing that they've done... stuff... That Jay wouldn't have ever thought her son would do since he was hidden away from the real world so well. But obviously not enough for fate since Harry and Louis still found each other, just like they were supposed to.

"Yeah, don't worry we were only in the bedroom... And we are going to make sure it doesn't happen again by - eerr - maybe Lou should tell you," Harry suggested, knowing Jay should hear it from her own son.

"Um..." Louis started. "We'll make sure it does h-happen again by..." He sighed, now or never he thought before saying a little more confident, "by making sure we've moved out within the next three months." Louis just hoped he didn't sound like he was telling her he's moving out so him and his mate can fuck whenever they pleased. (Even if it was half true.)

"Aw! My boy's growing still!" Jay exclaimed and hugged Louis. This had been reassuring to Louis, as he hugged his mum back he sighed in relief.

*••*

As the three of them are dinner that night, the ambiance was quite tranquil - calm and collected. They all ate in a comforting silence, the clatter from the cutlery being the only aspect that was displeasing to all three of them (although Louis was the only one who kept clattering his cutlery, which he swears isn't his fault and they just gave him a dodgy fork that clanged against the plate ever so often) so it was quite a quiet night for the household. That is, until Niall came running through the front door which slammed against the wall supporting it, causing a rather large commercial as heavy breathing filled the silence and a red faced Niall appeared, he stopped when he got to the kitchen and took a moment to catch his breath before informing shakily.

"M-my pack's Alpha is on his way! For Harry! He's coming to challenge you Harry b-because you're an Alpha in our territory and you're seen as a threat since you mated with a possible Omega for our pack!" Niall rambled out still panting. "He wants to take Lou too! He- fuck he's here!"

(Short but necessary! Comment your predictons for the next chapter !! Thanks for reading!)