21. The Bathtub and Duvet

Both Harry and Louis have been having a rough time lately, Louis having to deal with his vomiting, backache and not being able to be free in his wolf form; Harry having to deal with the complaints of Louis' pregnancy and having to expect to come home to weird scenarios.

For example, almost a week ago, Harry had came home after training to find Louis in the bathtub. But that wasn't the weird thing. The peculiar thing was that Louis had took their duvet, four of Harry's jumpers and one of Harry's hoodies in the bath (that wasn't filled up) snuggled comfortably. Now seeing this wasn't the real struggle, the struggle was getting Louis out of there upon Harry confronting his Omega and saying he had to go downstairs for dinner. The Omega simply refused.

Ever since that day, Harry was bound to find Louis in the bathtub with all those items there with him.

Harry had started taking the sheets off the bed one evening so he could change them for cleaner ones, yet, when Louis came in to find Harry doing so the Omega basically pounced on him. Saying 'if you change it I will kill you'. This automatically made Harry look up to Louis, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Why? I'm changing it?" Harry asked innocently, but Louis just came bounding over and snatching the duvet cover from Harry to put it back on to the duvet.

"Because. I don't want to and I need it like this!" Louis exclaimed and Harry just left Louis to it. Not knowing exactly what was wrong with Louis but realising that he should just let the Omega do it. Harry held his hands up in defence before Louis stormed out of the room to go back to - what Harry now calls - his den.

A day later, Harry decided trying to find answers would be the best option. Saying that, he went to Niall and Zayn, knowing they have the best understandings to who they are and how everything works, so before training he kissed Louis' forehead leaving the Omega to rest as he was still sleeping, then found the mates he was looking for.

"Hi Harry, I'll be at training in-"

"I'm not here to talk about training..." Harry interrupted knowing what Niall was about to say, "I want to ask you guys something about Lou..."

"Okay, shoot." Zayn said after the mates looked at each other then back to Harry.

"He's acting weird... He just- he sits in the bathroom for hours on end in an empty bath wrapped in some of my clothes and our duvet - which he wouldn't let me wash last night," Harry sighed shaking his head. He really didn't know what was happening with his Omega.

"Aww that's so cute!" Niall cooed holding onto Zayn's arm who seemed to be agreeing with his own Alpha.

"What? I don't understand..." Harry said with a blank face.

"He's nesting Harry," Zayn smiled. "It is something all pregnant Omega's go through. It's natural and happens instinctively so Louis wouldn't even realise he's doing it bless him."

"I don't know what that means..." Harry murmurs, genuinely not knowing what the hell this 'nesting' was supposed to be.

"It means, Harry, that no matter how hard you try Lou will not be giving up his place in that bathtub until the pregnancy is over. What nesting is, you see, is an Omega wanting to be in the safest, most comfortable environment he can find. He feels like that bathtub is the safest place, along with the smell of his Alpha, so that is why he wants the duvet in there with him as well, because you sleep with it and he can smell you on it, making him feel safe." Niall explained fully, so Harry wouldn't need to question any more.

(I am so sorry this is really short - it is a filler chapter. Apologises for taking so long to write something so miniscule, it's because I am taking my GCSE exams at the moment so everything is hectic I guess and I alo broke my laptop so I'm currently borrowing my sisters with the excuse I need more revision for my Chemistry exam tomorrow. I will have something worth your while in my next chapter to make up for it. But in the meantime, I have a story I'm hoping to start soon. It's called 'A Flair For The Argumentative' and if you'd like to read the introduction you can find it on my account, I would like feedback, to know if the story plot is good enough to develop into a story. So anyway let me know. I love you all and I will be posting my next chapter when I can. I'll try and squeeze writing in over the weekend if it is possible. Thank you all for reading and I really do love you :)