27. Don't Worry Baby

"What were you thinking about Lou?" Harry asked softly, he was watching Louis as he laid his head back in the bath tub. The Alpha rests his arms on the side of the bath, resting his chin on his arms.

"A lot of things..." Louis spoke quietly, it was silent for a few moments which Louis knew meant that Harry was waiting for him to carry on with what he was saying. " I was thinking about myself, I was thinking about you, the pups, our pack, th-the world..."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean- It's hard to explain Harry. I mean, am I really ready to be a parent? Will I even make it through birth of three pups? You don't hear of many male Omegas getting pregnant and then having their pups leading onto helping them grow up. Am I even grown up enough for this?" He questions. " I feel like I've been a bad person all my life. Not even my real mother wanted me, I mean, I know that mu-Jay isn't my birth mother because she isn't a wolf herself. So what happened to my birth parents?" He asks in general, not looking for an answer as he carries on speaking. "I was thinking about you because I was comparing myself to you. You would be an amazing father to the pups, you'll teach them mannerism, life skills and how to control they're inner wolf when they're older. You're smarter than me, you speak better than me, you think better than me and you're much more fun to be around than me..." Louis continued. "And all that stuff has to do with the pups." The Omega sighs and looks to Harry. "I don't even know if I want my precious pups being born into such a cruel, demeaning world full of monsters like that Michael guy who you thought was your friend... People like that will poison our babies' minds - rot their brains. I don't want them to see, speak or hear about stuff like that. The world is becoming more and more of a bad place as the earth spins. Evil walks the planet, killing the innocent, impairing the innocent and hurting the innocent. Our pups will be innocent. Our pups could end up killed, impaired or hurt. I don't want that. I'd rather them stay in my tummy for the rest of my life. The world is bad. Everything is bad about it."

"Even me?" Harry asks.

"You're the only reason I'm still here Harry, you're anything but bad." Louis explains.

"You're an amazing person Louis, don't worry about that. We are the ones who will shield the evil and the bad of the world from our pups - then when they're old enough they'll start learning about the pack properly and they'll find a mate and then they'll settle down. Either in our pack or their mates pack and we get a say in all this. They'll look up to you Lou, you'll have this connection with them that I could never have because you're the one carrying them." Harry takes a flannel and dips it into the warm water of the bath before starting to dab it softly across Louis' stomach, leading all the way up his chest to his neck as Louis starts speaking.

"I can sense bad things happening Haz... I don't know what they are but, they'll be terrible."

"Don't worry about it baby, nothing bad is going to happen whilst I'm here," Harry tries to give Louis a reassuring smile.

"I don't want to leave the house again whilst I'm pregnant. I don't want to put the pups in danger and I am scared myself to go out there, this house is safety. You are safety." Louis explains, after a few minutes of quiet Louis speaks again. "I don't know what to do anymore Harry," He sounded on the brink of tears and Harry looked up to him to realise he had shed a few tears. Harry quickly stood, taking off his top, trousers and boxers in a swift motion before budging Louis forward a bit so he could slip in the bath behind him. Harry brought Louis closer once he sat down. Louis' back was pressed against Harry's chest and Harry wrapped his arms around Louis' stomach.

"I'll protect you. That's what I'm supposed to do. I am supposed to keep you and the pups safe along with the rest of the pack. But if it came down to it, I'd save you and the pups before I saved the pack and you now that. You know I'll protect you, I always have." Harry spoke reassuringly and Louis listened intensely, "I love you Lou, and anything bad that has happened to you or us I'll make sure never happens again because they were all mistakes, and I learn from mistakes so I don't have to make them again because they hurt. They scare us and they make us want to live under a rock for the whole of our lives. But we can't we have to be stronger than that. You are stronger than that, trust me baby."

"I don't deserve you..." Louis sighed resting his head back on Harrys shoulder.

"Yes you do. The world made us mates for a reason because we were supposed to be together and we deserve to have each other and be happy about it." Harry rubbed his thumb in a circle on Louis' bump and Louis put his hands on his stomach too. "We have our purpose and meaning now Lou... We have each other, we have our pups and we have the pack. Our lives are set up for us and we just need to live in it."

"You're right... I'm sorry" Louis' voice was a whisper now. Harry kissed Louis' cheek.

"It's okay, everything's going to be okay, I promise."

"Thank you, I love you."The Omega closed his eyes as he said it.

"I love you more," Harry said with a smile.

"I love you the most." Louis stated as he yawned.