16. The Explanations

"There's not much you need to know to be honest... You need to be loyal, you have to be smart and cunning as well as punctual and polite. You don't just represent yourself as an Alpha anymore, you represent your Pack. Every dilemma you're put through, the pack are also. Every mistake you make the pack makes too - although there is no time for mistakes. No time to mess around and use the excuse 'I'm new to this' because it's invalid and does fix a mistake. Mistakes are not to be made." He repeated. "You're to train in the gym or woods with the a Beta of your choice. You need to train at least 27 hours a week and you must hold a pack meeting every fortnight that is for any ceremonies or for any notices that need to be shared with the whole back." Niall was explaining everything, being the only other Alpha in the pack meant he had to know everything just incase something was to happen to the pack's Alpha which left them with no Alpha at all. Although there was an Alpha left after their pack's Alpha, that Alpha was Harry, who was litening and nodding every once in a while as he understood everything that he needed to know. Only now thinking he should have wrote some of it down. "We're basically allies with all surrounding packs - meaning we have joined in an alliance for mutual benefit, to achieve some common purpose, it is an explicit agreement has been worked out between us - which is to remain peaceful, stay in harmony as no one wants war, and also you must attend a meeting every month with the other pack leaders that we're allied with and they will be with their mates so you will take Louis with you there." Niall went on, Harry paid very close attention although once Louis' name was mentioned he started thinking of his Omega, how his short breifing with Zayn was going. Since Niall was explaining to Harry his Alpha duties, Zayn was explaining to Louis his new Omega duties.

***

"So you'll be with the pack's pups at least twice a week. Currently one of the pack's elders are looking after them all - we have three pups: Ellie, Ryan and Jake. They are pretty cute and stuff so... Anyway, that will be a requirement for you, people will also come to you if they are upset or in trouble as Omega's are seen as the caring one in packs. It is actually a privalliege to have you here, you'll make the whole pack stronger and our allies will be very pleased, as it makes us all look stronger as a whole, meaning we'll be untouchable. You didn't actually eed to know that but oh well. You will be living in the pack house now obviously and the top floor is basically dedicated to you and Harry when in heat or rut, it's totally sound proof and stuff. The floor underneath is also dedicated to you and Harry, it's your living space - three bedrooms and a master bedroom, then there's an ensuit in every bedroom as well. There's a living room, no kitchen though because a floor down is the dining space for the Alpha, his Omega, and their assistants. So Niall and I will be having meals with you and Harry since we are the assistants. Below the dining room is Niall and mines living space and on the ground floor is a buissinessy room, with receptions and waiting rooms for anyone wanting to see you or Harry and you're busy-" Zayn rambled talking Louis' ear off about everything. Louis was still recovering from last nights party which he coudn't believe yet now he was out in the woods walking around aimlessly as Zayn explained things to him.

He was trying to adjust to be honest, he finds it weird to say that yesterday he was sat at the breakfast table waiting for Harry to cook him breakfast and now, at the same time of day, he was with Zayn having his new life explained to him whilst all he could really think about was how different this is and how his Alpha had actually killed someone. He was finding it hard to belive if he's honest, he knows it only happened to protect himself but blood didn't need to be shed did it? He found it weird how no one was really mourning the loss of the Pack's former Alpha. Didn't he mean something to the other members of the pack? He spoke to a few of them last night but they seemed to just worship the fact Louis was here and he didn't really like to be in the centre of attention, thats why he didn't join the pack before.

"Lou? You okay?" Zayn asked, realising Louis wasn't paying attention and Louis blinked a few times looking to Zayn who was looking straight back at the Omega,

"Oh, yeah sorry I was just thinking." He spoke softly.

"It's fine, I guess thats enough information for today - if you have any questons just ask yeah?" Zayn smiled when Louis nodded.

"Do you mind if I go back to Harry?" Louis asked sheepishly.

"No, of course not - I'll come with you and pry Niall away from your man." Zayn skipped to keep up with Louis who had started walking a little faster as he retraced his steps so he knew which way he was going. They went back to the Pack house, where Harry and Niall were still talking in a meeting room on the ground floor. Louis knocked quietly before just entering and smiling at the two Alphas going over to his and kissing his cheek.

"Hey." He said simply as Harry pulli ed Louis down to sit the Omega on his knee, who smiles.

"I guess that can be enough for today... Tomorrow we'll start properly, you will be first in command tomorrow." Niall said with a small smile as he stood to hug Zayn. "I'll see you at dinner - which is seven by the way." Niall informed and then left with his own Omega.

"How was your briefing?" Harry asked Louis.

"Boring and uneventful - what about you?" Louis asked the Alpha who smiled.

"The same, I missed my Omega," Harry spoke softly nuzzling his face into Louis' neck. "Haven't been away from you in so long it was weird without you beside me."

"That's why I came back," Louis smiled. "I also couldn't be bothered to listen to much more." He sighed. "What do you have to do then?"

"As Alpha of thre pack I have to hold meetings, make final decisions, look after the pack, speak with our 'allies' and apparantly I need to go to train." Harry informs wrapping his arms around his Omega kissing his neck quickly. "What about you?"

"I have to basically be a role model and babysitter for the packs' pups at least twice a week. I have to get to know them and stuff as well as give advice to the people who want it and comfort others as well..." Louis replied, not really knowing how he is feeling about this still. He was happy with what has happened yet didn't feel ready for it. But he'd do it if it was what Harry wanted, and to him it seems like thta is what the Alpha wants.

"You're okay with this right?" Harry asked softly, turning Louis so the Omega was looking at Harry. "Because if you're not we can just leave... Right now, without looking back." Harry whispered, not feeling the need to speak loudly, as he could tell Louis was inquizitive and indecisive about this. He could sense his mate didn't know what he wanted so he waited what felt like ten minutes but was probably ten seconds for Louis to finally say.

"Yes." The Omega nodded slowly. "I'm okay with this... I think I actually like it here."

"Okay," Harry kissed Louis. "I love you baby."

"I love you too." Louis replied softly and stood grabbing Harry's hand to lead him upstairs