01

JUNE

may 3rd 2018

Our eyes met, his look was so intense. I knew it was him, i had no doubt anymore.

Did he did it on purpose ? Everything, every thoughts were turning around in my head. everything around me just stopped, I couldn't hear any sounds I was just focused on him and on my thoughts.

He gave me a contemptuous look and a nasty smile. Weeks later he still recognised me.
At this moment I understood something was wrong with him.

march 29th 2018

« JUNE ! JUNE ! wake up! » I heard my mom scream from downstairs.

I slowly woke up and looked at my phone. I saw that it was 9:40 am.

« fuck » I whisper to myself.
I am going to be late for my job interview.

My boyfriend Aiden and I want to go on holidays together this summer but lately my mom struggles to make money, so I would not dare asking her to pay me these vacations. So I decided a few weeks earlier that I should find a little job that I can do when I don't have to be at school. I'm a first year student in law so I don't have that much time but I need to try my best.

Anyways, it was 9:40 and my appointment was at 10:30 and I really needed to get ready.

« yes mom i'm coming » I shouted from my bedroom, trying to get up as fast as i could.

I ran all over my room trying to find my clothes. I rushed to my bathroom. now I was running, brushing my tooth while packing my bag.

« ouch » I whined almost falling. I came downstairs running. I saw that my little sister Maya was sitting on the couch so I ran over her.

« hi » I say to her while kissing her on the cheek.

« stop kissing me Ju ! » she yells at me.

« maya be nice to your sister » I hear my mom say from the kitchen.

« hi mom »

« hi honey, ready for the big day? » she asks

« I don't know, I am a bit scared » I say, choking on the piece of pancake I was trying to eat in one mouthful.

« I hope I will get it or the holidays were are planning are gonna have to be cancelled »

« you're gonna make it june, I know it » she says confidently

My mom always believed in me. We have been so close since my father killed himself when I was 10.
She is always there for me when I need it and she supports me in every steps of my life. But she has been off since my brother Kai got arrested 3 years ago for drug traffic. It destroyed her, Maya and I are the only one left and she really needs us as much as we need her.

She is the one who believes in me and make me confident in my choices. And today her kind words were really welcomed. She always knows when I am scared or sad or whatever feelings I got. That kind of scared me to be honest but in moments like these it's really reassuring and her words always make me calm down.

« thanks mom » I answered still trying to eat my pancake.

It was now 10:00am, once in the entrance hall i took my key car and said goodbye to Maya and my mom

« good luck june » I heard my moms says « call us when you are done »

Few seconds later I was in my car ready to go. I looked at myself in the little mirror, took a deep breath because I tend to be really anxious in situations like this.

« you can make it june » I whisper to myself.

car on, I was leaving the house and heading to the road.

really short chapter sorry, get ready for the next one which is way more intense.
love