The Perfect Day - 3

"Wait where is everyone going?" I ask, back in my regular clothes and finding a rush of campers heading in the opposite direction.

"Really? You and Percy are showing down at the arena today!" An Apollo cabin member says, slowing down so I can talk.

"What?! The jerk didn't tell me about this!" I say, running behind everyone else until we reach the giant archway into the arena.

"For what it's worth, good luck!"

I sigh, "Thanks, Will."

"Yeah, no prob! I'll be in the hospital later in case you need it."

"I appreciate the vote of confidence," I mutter, I jog over to him, before smacking him upside the head. "Why is it that all of Camp knows about our fight EXCEPT FOR YOUR OPPONENT HERSELF?!"

"OKAY! STOP THAT!" He says swatting my hand away. "I wasn't aware that we were fighting people from our own cabins until after the swim."

"And you still didn't tell me?!"

Percy's about to answer but is saved by the horn blowing.

"Alright!" One of the Ares campers yells, silencing the crowd. "First up for today, Percy Jackson vs Lexi Carson! You can use fists, weapons, powers, anything to your advantage! Fight lasts until one of you is clearly cornered or incapacitated." He says, with a smile. "Whichever comes first."

"Great...." I mutter, flicking my wrist so my leather bracelet on my right hand morphs into my silver sword.

"I'll go easy on you," Percy says to me as we both get into position in the center of the ring.

"Go right ahead," I respond, raising an eyebrow at him with a smirk. "You'll regret it."

"Feeling ever so cocky today?" He teases.

"More like confident. I'm tired of losing to you." I retort and a chuckle echoes through the mass.

"Let the fight commence!" The camper says and Percy chucks the cap off of Riptide that shines its familiar bright bronze in the sunlight.

After a moment, Percy swipes at me, but I sidestep his blow and parry his backhand swipe. Then its starts coming, swipe after swipe, block after block and I can't seem to push him into defensive mode. He continues to swing and I do my best to dodge his attacks, but I slowly realize that he's overpowering me. 

I can't win this without a little help.

Between a dodge and a strike, I wave my hand towards the direction of the lake subtly. When I feel a tug in my stomach, I smile right as Percy knocks me to the ground, my sword flying to the side. I land on my side and roll over on the dirt. I push myself up from my stomach and I spot a man in the shadows with Chiron, watching me carefully through his unpatched eye. And something stirs in me.

But I focus on the fact that my brother's about to beat me yet again, and I roll over onto my back, noticing Percy standing above me.

"Don't call it!" I yell out as Percy points the edge of his blade at my throat.

"And why shouldn't they," Percy asks, not noticing the mass of water that's formed behind him.

"Because I'm definitely not the one who's cornered," I say as the wave crashes over him and the crowd cheers.

The wave starts to fight me as Percy tries to wield it away but I fight his willpower with my own and the water continues to swirl around him. Once I've got my sword (which as returned to its bracelet form) I slip it back on my wrist and sprint at Percy, releasing my hold on the water.

While he's still in a daze, I grab his sword arm and twist it so he drops the sword before throwing him over my shoulders onto the mat. I then scramble for his sword and I wield my out of its dormant state and point both of them at his neck in the x-shape style you always see in the movies. (You guys know what I'm talking about right?)

Percy holds his hands up from his vantage point on the floor and the crowd cheers. I beat this little punk. At long last.

"Now you can call it," I say, a smile growing on my face.

"LEXI WINS!" The Ares announcer screams and the crowd stomps to its feet, cheering. People filter down to leave and go back to their duties, some sit around for the next fight and others make their way to congratulate me, after Percy and I bro hug it out.

"That was very unexpected," Percy jokes, ruffling my hair. "Where did you learn combat like that?"

"My mom taught me," I respond, thanking a couple campers as we walk by for their congratulations.

He nods in understanding. "Well next time I want to see you and Annabeth fight it out."

"You know I'll lose."

"Exactly, can't let all of that fame get to your head, Lexi." He says and I laugh until my eyes catch the man's from earlier, as he speaks to Chiron.

"Lexi, might I have a word?" Chiron asks, trotting over to me the man by his side. "This is an old friend of mine, Director Fury of SHIELD."

"Mama there's someone at the door!" I remark and Mom comes around the corner, brushing her hair out of her face.

I'll get it, Alexis! Why don't you take Connor into your room to play?

"Okay!" I squeal, grabbing Connor's hand and taking him towards my room and the door shuts behind us so I press my ear against it to listen in the best I can.

"Here," Connor says handing me a glass. "It might work better."

I beam at him, before putting the cup on the door and my ear on the cup so I can listen.

"Fury you know out. They're about to start middle school and I can't keep living this life. I know Agent Griffen kept his job but..I.....I can't do this anymore."

"You might not have a choice Rani, whoever you pissed off-"

"Under orders."

The male voice sighs. "They're after you."

"They won't find us, Nick. Charlie and I made sure of it."

"I sure hope you're right."

I blink the memory away and smile up at the man holding my hand out. "Lexi Carson, pleased to meet you."

"The pleasure's all mine," He responds, sending out a friendly, yet intimidating vibe. Little did I know that this man would change my entire life in a matter of hours.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And Director Fury makes an entrance!!!! Let me know how you like this in the comments and be sure to vote and add me! Baiiiiiiiii!

- Nerdy_Girl <3