Falling - Part 20

Lexi POV

All I can see around me is a dark box-like room. I follow the walls around me with my hands trying to locate an exit. All of a sudden, the ground below me starts to shudder and crack. The room bends and crumbles around me. I jump to more solid ground and look around. The floor where I was standing is gone and all I can see  past that hole..... is a huge drop. Like a drop from where the airplanes fly. A drop to a very certain death. Wonderful. As I am peering down this bright hole of doom I notice some movement behind me and my heart stops as I see him. Connor, with his sword out with an emotionless look on his face. His eyes.....his eyes are bright blue. The same color as the Tesseract.

"Connor...."I say, with a feeble hope that he recognizes me. No such luck. He charges at me and I sidestep, moving away from the hole. Block after block, its obvious he wants to kill me. I can fight well, but Connor knows my every move. He cuts my hand and my sword slides into the hole, falling helplessly out of sight. Connor points his sword at my neck and moves closer to me. I push his sword away with my bow and try to pull a stunning arrow from my quiver. Keyword being try. He swings his sword toward me and when I am caught off guard.....it finds a home in my stomach. He pulls it out and I fall to the ground. It burns and aches and explodes with pain. Connor for some reason falls limply beside me. Then a horribly familiar voice whispers near to us.

"Let's have him see his marvelous work."

From my peripheral vision I can see Connor get up and rub his eyes. The electric blue slowly fades away and his gray, stormy eyes return. He looks at first around at the room confused. "Where....." Then he notices me.

"LEXI!" He rolls over pulling me toward him. I cry out in pain as my midsection flares up again with the sudden movement. "Lex...I did this to you..." He whispers is horror looking at my gut and avoiding my eyes.

"Its not your fault" I hear myself whisper. I try to reach up to stroke his face when the room around us shudders again. This time the hole forms underneath me. Time slows down as I start to fall. Suddenly a hand grabs mine and I slam into the edges of the floor, hanging in midair.

"LEXI GRAB HOLD!" Connor yells over the wind. He  I try to grab his other hand when the ground underneath him starts to buckle. He falls too but is able to grab a wire hanging out from the wreckage. It shakes under our combined weight and it looks like its about come out of its stocket. There is no possible way the wire can hold the two of us. Only one can survive. Dang that sounded like the Hunger Games.

"Connor, let me go." I say, tears starting to run down my face.

"No! I'm not losing you again! This thing can hold the two of us." Connor yells, tears also starting to run down his face.

"I love you" I whisper and I slacken my grip on his hand. He tries to hold on even tighter but his hand slips and I fall into the air. I close my eyes and prepare for the impact. "Lexi....Lexi....for crying out loud Lexi wake up!"

"W-what?" I say and open my eyes. Agent Romanoff is staring right down at me from where I fell asleep on the quinjet.

"About time Sleeping Beauty," Romanoff smirks. "We're here."

Ok guys I felt bad for not updating in a while so I wrote up this little blurb especially for you! I really am sorry for the slow updates but bear with me! Luv ya all and I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Vote and comment and follow me if you did!

Stay nerdy,

Nerdy_Girl :)