Silver Arrow and Aegis; The Battle of Manhatten- Part 27

Previously.......

Connor POV

"What? It's going to take more than a twenty-thousand foot fall to take me out." Lexi laughs and grabs my hand, squeezing it tight looking me straight in the eyes. "And I'm not going anywhere." She turns away and looks at Cap. "So are you going to call it off or what Cap?"

Lexi POV

"Alright listen up." Steve smiles. "Until we can close that portal, our main concern is containment. Barton, Lexi, I want you too on these two roofs (A\N: roofs, rooves, idk anymore), eyes on everything. Call out patterns and strays. Stark, you got the perimeter. Anything that gets more than three blocks out, you turn it back and turn it to ash."

"You want to give us a lift?" Barton asks Stark. I give Connor's hand one last squeeze and walk over to Stark. He gives me an endearing look as Stark grabs onto me and Barton's quivers. "Right." Stark answers. "Elsa, Legolas, better clench up." I wink at Connor before Stark blasts off, dropping the two of us on opposite buildings. Through my comm, I listen in for the rest of the assignments, my bow already aimed at some flying Chitauri.

"Thor you gotta try and bottleneck that portal. You have the lightning, light the bastards up."

"Language!" I think as Cap continues and I shoot down some more aliens who get a little too close for comfort.

"You and me," Cap says to Nat. "We stay here on the ground, keep the fighting here. And Hulk?"

I vaguely see him turn toward Cap. "Smash." I hear a noise and see him jump up to the building I am on and take care of the rest of the Chitauri that were headed up toward me.

"THANK YOU!" I yell out to him.

I see a group of Chitauri heading toward Stark tower so I aim carefully and let the arrow fly. The arrow hits one of the aliens who falls back, nailing the rest of the group.

"Nice one." I hear Barton say from my comm.

"Thanks." I smile. "You need anymore arrows? Mine refills automatically."

"That would be great." I pull out an arrow and barrage the wall next to Barton, sending him twelve arrows more.

I look down and shoot a couple Chitauri climbing my building. An explosion on the ground catches my eye and I see Cap, Natasha and Connor fighting side by side. I pull an arrow out and will the water vapor to condense into a hard compacted arrow. I shoot it at a group of Chitauri bothering Connor.

"Thanks Lex." I hear in my ear.

"No prob bae." I respond.

"Love birds! Pay attention to the problem. Stark you've got a lot of strays sniffing your tail." Hawkeye says and I can practically hear him smirking.

"Just keeping them off the streets." Stark says. I aim my bow and take out a couple aliens chasing Stark.

"Well they can't bank worth a damn." Barton says.

"Yeah, find a tight corner." I finish laughing.

"I will, roger that." Stark says and ducks under some buildings, the Chitauri in hot pursuit.

I notice that the Chitauri are focusing in on Connor and I more than the rest of the team. At least twenty more Chitauri are climbing up to me and a ton more have separated Connor off from Cap and Natasha.

"Uh guys, they seem to like Greek." I say, getting nervous and picking off as many Chitauri as I can.

"Hang in there Lexi. I'll try and help you." I hear Hawkeye say, and a couple Chitauri around me fall from his arrows. But our efforts aren't enough, and the Chitauri swarm and climb over the ledge. I will out my sword and fight off as many as I can. Then I hear a whisper.