The Decision - Part 6

"Hello? Anyone here?" I call. I look around in the darkness of the water and as my eyes adjust to the dim light. I for some reason recognize this place as Poseidon's palace, which is weird since I've never been here before. "Alexis." A deep but familiar voice called, as smooth as a light ocean breeze. I turn around to see my father, standing.... rather swimming in front of me.

"Dad? What am I doing here?" I ask.

"A great change in your life is coming. You will have to make a very important choice soon. You are here to hear (here ... hear lol, plz don't judge meh ^-^) my warning."

"Okay? What's the choice?" I asks, a little bit more nervous than last time.

"You will find out soon. But listen to me, leaving the place you love is not always a bad thing." Poseidon says with a twinkle is his eye and starts swimming away.

"Wait! What do you mean leaving the place I love?!" I shouts, hoping her dad is still paying attention. With my luck, he probably isn't.

"Good luck Alexis," he says without turning around. "And choose wisely."

With a shock my eyes fly open and I fall clumsily fall out of bed.

"And you call me clumsy?" Percy says.  I barely notice as I pants heavily, still trying to wrap my mind around Poseidon's warning. A choice? To leave my home?

"Lexi?" Percy asks again slightly concerned. "You okay?"

"Ya, I'm fine. Just had a nightmare." I lie. Percy raises an eyebrow unconvinced but drops the subject. "Breakfast's in 15 minutes. You should get ready" he says and climbs back into his bunk and starts playing with Riptide.

"Kay, I'll be right out. And careful with that," I in a teasing voice says pointing at Riptide. "We don't want to cut again do we?"

"Shut up Kelp Head!" Percy jokes, laughing.(shout out to  @zadanite for giving me this idea for a nickname!) "That was my bad!"

I roll my eyes and walk to the bathroom. I pull on a fitted black V-neck and a pair of blue jean short shorts and slip on my combat boots. Then, I braid my hair and grabs my jewelry/weapons.

"Come on Coral Face, I'm hungry!" I calls as she walks out of the bathroom.

Percy jumps down from his bunk and follow's me to breakfast. I see Connor talking to some Apollo camper and a mischievous smirk replaces my somewhat innocent smile. Yeah...I don't think I have an innocent smile....but just go with it.

I sneaked up on Connor who was oblivious to this entire situation. When the Apollo camper finally noticed me, I held a finger up to my mouth, and he continued his conversation. Without warning, I jumped on Connors back, scaring the living daylights out of him. He falls over and lands with me comfortably on him.

"What is it Lex?" Connor asks with mock seriousness as he tries not to smile, as I continue to lay on top of him. "What was ever so important that you needed to jump on me?"

"Hi," I said simply and quickly rolled off of Connor and sprinted as fast as i could. Connor caught up to me, picked me up and threw me over his shoulder.

"CONNOR!" I shrieked. "Put me down!"

"Sorry Lex, you asked for it." Connor laughed. He carried me all the way to the dining area and put me down. i gave him a quick kiss on the lips and walked over to the Poseidon table.

I grabbed a plate of pancakes and a glass of milk and sat across from Percy. They talked about random stuff until Chiron banged his roof against something metal to get our attention. The dining hall turned silent looking up at Chiron.

"As you all know a dear friend of mine as been touring our camp and observing you all for the past couple days." He says, gesturing at a man I recognized as Director Fury. "He has a couple things he would like to say."

Director Fury thanks Chiron and looks over all of us in a way that makes me squirm; its like he's sizing each one of us up. His eyes land on me and pause there for a brief moment. As quickly as they came, they darted away and he began to speak.

"This camp has trained some of the most well prepared young people I have seen. I believe that some of you could be doing more than just defending your camp. I believe that you could be defending your world. Which is why I am selecting two demigods to come, train and eventually work for  SHIELD."

Gasps and mutters of shock ripple through the dining area along with a few whispers of excitement.

"As Chiron mentioned I have been keeping observing your camp and have decided on the two young demigods who will have the opportunity to join SHIELD. Those two demigods are Alexis Carson and Connor Griffin."

I turn to look at Connor who had just turned to look at me. I could feel people around me turning their heads to look at me. And being the person I am, I hated this type of attention.

"I need your answer by sundown today if you want to move to SHIELD. If you choose to come, pack up your things." Fury finishes.

"So this was the choice," I think as demigods around me get up and leave, a few including Annabeth and Percy, clapping  on the back with congratulations.

I get up and retreat to my bunk, her mind swirling with the weight of this important decision.

__________________________________________________________________

EEEKKK OVER 700 READS!!!!!!!

Sorry about that... I kinda got excited  \(^-^)/

Thanks for all the support and all of the comments and likes! You have no idea no happy it makes me when someone likes what I write (I have no clue why, I'm a horrible writer)

Plz keep those votes and com coming! First and Last name suggestions for furture characters would be AHH - MAAZING!

I also posted a pic of a the new cover. What do you guys think? Let meh know plz!

Luv ya all!

You're the best!

Stay Nerdy!

- Nerdy Girl   \(0-0)/