Chapter 10

December 23rd 2018

Olivia carried the bags of shopping into her family home to be met with her mothers greying hair and a cheery smile.

"Hello my beautiful girl, we've missed you so much!" Jean said kissing the top of her daughters head and taking the bags of shopping into the kitchen.

Michael brought his daughter into a warm hug and kissed her on the cheek, taking the time to shake Ben's hand. This had been the first time they had met after their relationship starting in June.

Olivia found Ben very insufferable on the surface, but once you got deep down, and that was very deep down. He was actually an okay guy, he came from Surrey and carried an air of importance around at all times. But he was there for her when the whole Harry problem happened and even though she didn't tell him who it was he was still very kind and caring to her about the situation.

They had gotten to talking when one day, only a few weeks after she had returned home he had come over to her and Sarah's flat as he was finished work for the day and wanted to have a chat. When he entered the flat he knew instantly that something wasn't right with Olivia and she was hiding something, when he eventually got her to talk she told him that she had been struggling for years with a boy from home and he told her to simply move on.

"If he doesn't want to be with you he's absolutely mad" he stated.

They sat on the couch in the small flat and watched movies for the remainder of the day. He even took her calls while she was in the kitchen but they were only scam calls.

Back in Guernsey in her mother's kitchen, Olivia unpacked the shopping with Ben.

"That Harry looks a right state doesn't he" Ben sneered pulling a face

"Looked okay to me, he's always working crazy times for videos, probably doesn't get a lot of sleep" Olivia answered back

"Or because he's snorting mountains every night" Ben rolled his eyes

"He doesn't have a drug problem" Olivia defended

"He always makes jokes about it," he said

"Yes. Jokes, just because someone does something once or twice doesn't mean they have an addiction. You literally spend so much money on coke on a night out, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones" she spat

"Oh miss high and mighty cause I dissed her hometown friends. He didn't look too pleased to see you, why are you even defending him" Ben rolled his eyes

"Because that's just it Ben. We've been friends for years and I don't want you badmouthing him" she growled putting away jars in the top cupboard

"If he's putting himself out on a public platform he should prepare to be judged" Ben jeered

"Well I'm not listening to it so drop it," Olivia said slamming the fridge over and heading into the living room.

Olivia said her goodnights to her parents and wandered up to her room, making sure everything was tidied away before Ben came up. It seemed strange to her, him being in her childhood bedroom, even Harry hadn't stayed in here, she moved a few things around and put some stuff in Jamie's old room which was now turned into an office with a treadmill in it before taking off her makeup and putting on her pyjamas.

She was midway through a film when Ben waltzed into the room

"Your dad can talk," he said, a hint of annoyance in his voice

"Well it's his first time meeting you, he just wants to make sure you're good for me"

"You're 22 I don't think you need your dads blessing on who you go out with do you" he scoffed.