Chapter 18

A/N - Explicit content in the last 2 paragraphs so skip if you're uncomfortable with that or under 18 

May 2020 

The kettle clicked and Harry jumped slightly, pulled from his racing thoughts. The clock on the wall said 7:20, the earliest he had been up in weeks but he couldn't find himself able to fall back asleep. He made a quick cup of tea and opened the door out onto the balcony where he sat watching the morning sun. His mind was pulled back to the days prior, how withdrawn Olivia had been and how worried he had been. She lay curled up in the bed, hugging into her legs. She no longer enjoyed Harry holding her as they slept, she often woke up with panic attacks and felt terrified with things surrounding her. Harry didn't know how to help this and felt his attempts were futile. 

The steam rose from the cup and created small wisps of grey amongst the warm-toned light of the morning. Producing his phone from his hoodie pocket he gave Ethan a text who he could see was already awake for the gym. 

Harry 07:30

Alright mate, can we talk?

Ethan 07:31 

Course lad, what's up?

Harry 07:32 

Worried about Liv

Ethan 07:33

Is she okay?

Harry 07:35 

I honestly dunno tbh bro, she keeps getting anxiety attacks and she's just really down

Ethan 07:37

To be expected with covid and that. Try not to stress, have you talked to her?

Harry 07:39

Tried to but she's adamant nothings wrong

Ethan 07:40 

Just try to have a chat with her. She'll appreciate it mate

I'm going to the gym, text you when I'm out

Harry 07:40

Cool, talk later. Thanks, Behz

He chewed the top of his phone case and sighed. This was new to him, while he himself had experienced bouts of anxiety, he had never experienced it quite like this and it pained him to see someone he loved in such a way. When he returned to the bedroom Olivia was sitting up, hugging her knees, her face blank. 

"You okay?" he asked 

She nodded almost like an automatic response.

Harry sat down on the bed and put his arms around her, pulling her into a tight hug.

"I don't know why this keeps happening" she whispered into his chest

"We'll figure it out don't worry," he said placing a small kiss on her forehead

With that, she slowly drifted off to sleep in Harry's arms, he refused to move and disturb her, scared to startle her. 

By the time dinner had come Olivia had moved once, she sat on the couch staring at her computer, she had completed her work for the day and received an email notification from Eilidh.