26

"Hey" my voice is breathy and hoarse from my previous activities that I was engaging in with Jax

"Hey" my voice is breathy and hoarse from my previous activities that I was engaging in with Jax. A knot forms in my chest just thinking about what I've done and what I'm doing to Parker.

"What's up?" Parker asks and I almost forget to say 'the sky' as apart of our joke.

"The sky dumbo" I don't even crack a smile saying it hoping that he can't hear how disappointed I sound. I ponder for a moment questioning if I should let Parker know what's happening however I decide not to because I'm simply a pussy and don't want to own up to my mistakes right now just like every other toxic girl.

"Guess what?" Parker asks with excitement while I tuck a strand of hair behind my ear and coil my body on the bed bringing my knees to my chest.

"What is it?" I furrow my brows anticipating his answer.

"It has a tail and four legs" I hear the smile in Parker's voice and smile at his happiness.

A puppy.

"Well it can either be a dog or cat but obviously a dog because my baby hates cats" I say hoping I'm correct and not totally out of it.

"You know me so well. His name is Oscar Biscuit Terry" he says proudly awaiting my answer.

"He sounds like a royal dog but why a middle name though?" Confusion is the only emotion in my voice. I play with the hem of my work dress while saying the words as images from the hall quickly run through my mind.

"I don't know he's special I guess. How are you Noah?"

"I'm fine" I lie knowing I'm completely torn everytime I hear his voice or think about him. I pray I don't cry right now because then he'll ask me what's wrong and then I'll spill the disgusting beans. "Are you fine?"

"I've been really well these past days honestly Noah. I'm the happiest man alive" I laugh as bliss engulfs me knowing that he's happy until I spoil it with my filthy news. "I wish you were here" he whispers I can barely hear.

"Me too, baby" I sigh knowing what my words mean. Of course I wish I was there with him because if I was this whole situation with Jax would've never happened.

I want to punch myself just for liking the bastard and equally for stringing Parker along.

"I saw your mom today she talked to me. Asked me how you were doing"

"God did you tell her?" my body heats and I fist my hand as my heart pounds roughly. How dare her? Ask about me, that's a surprise because the last time I checked Lilia only cares about herself.

"I said you were doing okay and by the way she started smoking " he tells me urgently and my eyes widen and my mouth drops simultaneously.

"Really? Wow that's a surprise " I think about how things can change in the matter of months while I'm here feeling like the same plain old girl from Arizona.

Parker and I talk for about two hours, honestly the longest we've ever talked in a while. He tells me about the breed of Oscar who is a Dalmatian and also fills me in on the latest drama going down in his family which is quite fulfilling as it makes my stomach burn from all the laughing. He tells me about his shampoo that gave him an allergic reaction and how he had to wear his mom's concealer to work to cover up the red splotches on his face. I tell him about my trip around Tulum as I didn't have a chance to when I explored the place. I obviously leave out the parts with Jax and I as that would raise questions. I let him know about the birthday party and how I passed out. I switch Loyt with Lori like the guilty fuck I am because Loyt is just a friend.

Finally, saying goodbye we both give each other virtual kisses and I lock my phone immediately. I sigh heavily wishing I could sigh away my problems or run away but I already participate in that and let me tell you I'm Usain Bolt or probably even better when it comes to my problems. I just ran away from an opportunity to expose myself to Parker.

I place my phone on my dresser then head to the kitchen for water because heaven knows that I need it after being a whole saint to Parker on the phone. I grab a glass of water gulping the cool liquid down.

My mom asked about me.

I wonder if she changed, I mean after all she is smoking and considering how much of a health freak she was when I left maybe she have changed a little.

Back in my room my hand finds my phone. I unlock it while taking a seat on my bed. My finger shakes as it hovers over the name Lidia and I inhale loudly when I click the contact. Everything goes still when the sound of my phone indicates that her phone is ringing. Nothing but the blaring noise of my phone fills the room and I'm more scared than I thought I would be. After all the built up anger towards my mother I thought that I could never fear her or fear her actions more likely. I thought I would've been more bold but I don't really know who I am if I'm being honest. After all, I am cheating on my boyfriend.

There's a timer on the top of my screen now indicating that the call has started and someone has picked up the phone.

"Hello. Noah are you there?" her smooth voice makes it to my ear.

"Yes" my voice cracks.

Thank you for 400 reads ♥️ I haven't been updating much because I've ben lazy and unmotivated but tysm for your support 💗