I feel like throwing up

April 3rd, 2021, Age: 17

Once school ended I drove home to go get ready for the shitty play that I star as THE Romeo. 

I comb my hair and get dressed in my costume, and make sure to bring my other costumes. I get my script and I review it for a while until it is time to leave. 

At that very moment that I park my car, I see so many people coming into the school, all coming to watch us. 

I start to get nervous, I take a deep breath in and out then I walk into the school's theater. 

Once I get there Mrs. Meyer comes up to me. "Finally, you're here. Come backstage it's almost time for act one!"

After I went over my lines I quickly looked behind the curtains that are on the stage and I saw both of my parents, of course, Bradley for some reason sitting with my parents, while Val is sitting right next to my parents and Val's parents sitting next to Val, and along with some other kids that I have seen around school. 

I feel like throwing up. 

"Good luck, Travis. I mean Romeo." 

I turn around to see Everly right in front of me. Her hair is down with a beautiful yellow dress that makes her look ten times more gorgeous. 

 I smile, "Thank you, I wish you good luck as well Ms. Capulet." 

Everly smiles, as the lights in the theater start to dim down. Everly then leaves to get into places. I start to get into charter as about fifteen minutes Mrs. Meyer walks out onto the stage. 

Mrs. Meyer speaks for a while and she tells a summary about the play Romeo and Juliet even though I think that everyone knows the story, then she walks off the stage. 

Then the people that play Sampson, and Gregory walk on the stage and start their scene. 

As the two, Sampson and Gregory are still speaking the person that plays Abram walks out onto the stage. 

They start to act like they are fighting. Jim that is playing Benvolio enters the stage with a fake sword drawn. 

I wait to the side of the stage scared because I am afraid I say forget my lines or something.  

The guy playing Tybalt enters the stage and walks up to Jim (Benvolio.) 

Then comes the scene with Juliet's mom and dad talking. Then comes the scene with Benvolio and Montague.

After Benvolio and Montague are done both of them exit the stage, now it is my turn.

I walk out onto the stage with Jim by my side, as I look out into the audience to see my mom with her phone in the air recording me, and it make it worse she's recording with her flash on.

I forget about my mom as I look at Jim, at the same time as I am sitting down by a fake tree that Mrs. Meyer made herself. 

Jim sits next to me, by the tree. "Good morrow, cousin." 

I smile, "Is the day so young?"

"But new struck nine," Jim said.

"Ay me, sad hours seem long,"  I said,  "was that my father that went hence so fast? 

Jim nods his head. "It was. What sadness lengthens Romeo's hours?" 

I stand up I smile and chuckle as I slowly walk around. "Not having that, which having, makes them short."

Jim stands up and walks over to me. "In love?"

"Out—" I say. 

Jim pulls his eyebrows together, "Of love?"

The scene goes on and on between Romeo and Benvolio until Jim says, "I'll pay that doctrine, or else die in debt." 

Then both of us exit the stage. Right away scene two starts as I go to the dressing room and change into my next costume. 

After I'm finished with scene two here comes the scene between Juliet (Everly) and the Nurse (Shelby) and Juliet's mom.  

Then we got to the scene where Romeo sees Juliet at the ball. I walk up to Everly and I take her hand.  "If I profane with my unworthiest hand this holy shrine: My lips, two blushing pilgrims, ready stand to smooth that rough touch with a tender kiss." Then I kissed her hand. 

Everly removed her hand from mine as she started to walk and she was blushing, as I followed her. "Good pilgrim, you do wrong your hand too much. Which mannerly devotion shows in this. For saints have hands that pilgrims hands do touch, and palm to palm is holy palmers' kiss."

I stare into her eyes, to see how beautiful they truly are. At that very moment I forgot my lines, I looked to see Mrs. Meyer mouthing me the words of my line. "Oh, have no saints lips, and holy palmers too?"

Everly smiles, "Ay, pilgrim, lips that they must use in prayer." 

I smiled as I held her hand. "O, then dear saint, let lips do what hands do;They pray. Grant thou, lest faith turn to despair." 

"Saints do not move, though grant for prayers' sake." Everly said. 

"Then move not while my prayer's effect I take. Thus from my lips, by thine, my sin is purged." I kiss her hand.

"Then have my lips the sin that they have took," she said. 

I smiled as I put my hand on her cheek. "Sin from my lips? O, trespass sweetly urged! So sweetly you tell me I sinned. Give me my sin again." I look at her for awhile, then I kiss her on the lips. 

Everly kisses me back, Everly steps back away from me. 

She looks surprised. I am too.

Then Shelby that is playing the Nurse comes in and says some stuff. 

That kiss that just happened between us, wasn't on the script. I was supossed to kiss her cheek, not her lips.