You did all of this for me?

July 16th, 2021 Age: 17

After I graduated from high school and Everly graduated too of course both of our families had dinner together at Wood Ranch. Once we were done eating a celebrating I drive Everly somewhere. I could tell that she was nervous, probably because I haven't told her where we are going. 

"Travis, just tell me already, where are you taking me?" Everly asked. 

I smiled. "We are going somewhere." 

Everly pulled her eyebrows together, "Somewhere, hum? Are you planning on taking me to a cliff then pushing me off?" 

I did a fake laugh. "Ha-ha. No, it's going to be fun, I promise you." 

Everly didn't say anything as I could tell that she wasn't convinced in what I just said.  Fifteen minutes went by and I parked my car and helped her get out of my car. 

I was holding her hand as I was leading her towards the way that I have the perfect date that I have planned out for the both of us. 

I stopped in front of the place that I planned our date. "Okay, so right now you are standing a few feet away from a fireplace with two chairs, blankets, s'mores, and of course we are under the beautiful night sky." 

Everly smiled. "You did all of this for me?" 

"Of course I did," I said as I set her down in one of the chairs in front of the fireplace, "I did this because I am in love with you." 

She looked at me more carefully, like she was surprised by what I had just said to her. "Y-you are in love with me? You love me?" 

"Of course, you are the smartest girl and prettiest girl that I have ever met, Everly. I love you." I said. 

Everly smiled, "I love you too." 

I leaned over and I kissed her, after I kissed her I leaned away as I put a marshmallow on a stick and I let her hold the marshmallow over the fire while I did the same.

Everly and I talked, ate our s'mores, and kissed. Everything was perfect.  At some point I noticed that for a long time Everly was staring at the fire, she looked like something really on her mind. 

I touched her shoulder, she looked at me. "Hey, are you okay?"

She nodded her head, as I kissed her on the lips as I pulled her closer to me. Quickly when I did that Everly pulled away from me as she stood up. I quickly stood up and I walk over to her, "Everly what's wrong?" I asked. 

She started was looking at the ground as tears where going down her eyes. "Travis...I don't think this relationship will work between us, I'm now sure why we are even dating. 

I was confused. "Everly, what do you mean? I love you and I want to be with you." 

She shook her head at me. "No, this entire thing that we had was a mistake." 

"Why?" 

"Because!" she shouted at me. 

"Because why!" I shouted back. 

"Because I have a tumor in my brain, Travis!" she said quickly. 

My heart felt like it was going to jump out of my chest. "What?" 

"Everyday I would get headaches, I was off balance a lot, and I was confused constantly. Three months ago I went in to see what was going on and the doctors told me that I have a tumor in my brain. The doctors wanted me to get a sugary and remove it, but if I do the sugary I would have a twenty one percent chance of living. We said no to the sugary, so instead I have only three months or five at the most to live. I couldn't tell you right away because it would kill me, Travis. I love you and I couldn't face telling you that I'm going to die." she said as she was sobbing. 

All I could do at that moment was to hug her, so I did. I gave her the biggest and longest hug. While I was hugging her I started to cry, so I shut my eyes to make this experience less painful then it already is. "How? You are seventeen. How?" I asked her. 

She shook her head. "I don't know. If you want to break up I will understand." 

I pulled away from her. "No, I will never break up will you. I will still love you forever and never let you go, unless you want to break up?"

"No, no. I want to stay with you too." she said.  

   I kissed her on the fourhead and I hugged her to make her feel safe. 

. . . . . . 

After I dropped her off back at her house I couldn't stop crying. I was mad, I was a little mad at her because she didn't tell me and she mostly only has three months to live. 

I go to Dylan's house to take to him. I sit in his room on his bed smoking with Dylan. I told Dylan everything that Everly told me while we where on a date. Once I told him Dylan stopped smoking, "What are you going to do then man?" he asked me. 

I blew out the cregreet smoke from my mouth, "I don't know. I'm freaking out man, I love this girl. I'm thinking about marrying her." 

Dylan took the creggret out of my mouth and he put it in the ash tray. "Travis, you are almost eighteen, you wanna marry her at eighteen?" 

"If she's going to die, Dylan in three months then yes! Wouldn't you do the same thing if you loved someone that much that if a car was going to hit them you would go in front of the car and try to save the person that you love?!" I yelled at him. 

Dylan nodded his head, "Yeah, I agree with you. I say marry her, Travis." 

I quickly drove back home. I opened the front door to see my mom at the kitchen table doing some paper work. She looks up at me with tears in her eyes, I run over to her and I sit down. Her warmth soundering me with her love. 

"Travis...I'm sorry, about Everly." mom whispered to me while I am in her arms. 

I sighed. "Mom...I'm going to marry Everly."