Nightmare

Author's note: heyyy, how yall doin- i decided to stop posting on tiktok, but i refuse to give up on this story. love all of u, hope ur well <3

"y/n!" a voice in the trees hisses.

You're floating above Hogsmeade, overlooking the buildings and the forest. It's dusk, yet there is not a hint of color in the bleak sky. The ground is covered in fresh snow, the air stands in unsettling stillness.

Below, someone is running. Their clothes are torn, stained with dirt and what appears to be blood. You recognize the distinct face immediately.

"Hollis!" you gasp, although it sounds more like an echo.

They continue running deeper into the forest, unaware of your presence.

A breeze and the crunch of snow makes you dart your head around. You search for the source of the disturbance. Your eyes land on her, running across the forest.

A girl with red hair spins in circles. Despite the cold winter night, she's wearing a dress, barefoot, running through the forest without a care in the world. You have no idea who she is. However, the feeling in your body contradicts that logic as something lurches your heart forward when you see her collapse on the ground.

A flash of green light, a scream, and she's gone.

You whip your head around to search for Hollis, but they too are gone.

You're falling to the ground, sure you're about to endure the same fate.

You shoot up in bed with a start, back soaked with sweat and heart racing. A feeling of dread settles itself into your chest, making it hard to breathe as you attempt to catch your breath.

The room, quite contradictory to your current state, is still, and everyone in your dormitory except you is fast asleep. A soft breeze blows against the closed window. You sigh as you see snow falling outside; spring is showing no signs of approaching.

You glance over at Laura, wondering if you should wake her to tell her about your nightmare. The events in the dream were unsettling, but it was the feeling of dread that hadn't dissipated with the dream that bothered you the most. But you decide to wait til the morning, there's no point in ruining her sleep too.

When you calm down enough to notice the burning sensation coming from your chest, you glance down at your skin.

Your heart skips a beat when you see it. The outline of the necklace on your chest.

You wonder if Severus is outside your dormitory. Couldn't he wait a few more hours until your detention?

Sev?

But you don't hear his voice.

You lie back down, pushing the covers to the side. The room is cold, but your body burns, and the frigid air leaking through the window calms you down. As you stare at the ceiling, wide awake, the feeling of dread won't leave.

***

You tell Laura about your nightmare the next morning over breakfast.

"It's like a bad omen or something." you say seriously, but Laura snorts.

"You're just stressed about everything. The dream doesn't mean anything." she responds.

Although you're restless to find out what Hollis wants, you have doubts about letting Laura go to Hogsmeade alone. But she insists that she trusts Hollis.

"There'll be people around, I won't be alone alone. Stop worrying. It's my decision. It'll be fine." she says, pausing at the worried look on your face. "I know you wanna find out what's going on."