Detention

Authors note: thank u all so much for all the support! I'll try my best to update as much as I can, but just know I probably won't be able to update as much during the week as I do on weekends. I post everything as I write it, and I can only write so fast lol. The story will get ~spicy~ really quickly, so prepare yourselves LMAO. Okay, enjoy this extra long chapter (: thank u again

Well, that was a trainwreck

You walk out of Transfiguration disappointed in yourself. You spent hours studying for that test, all for nothing since you weren't able to focus.

As you were trying to conjure a dove, your mind was drowning with thoughts of Snape's face, the way his mouth parted as he was inches from your face, the way his breath felt on your nose, the way his hand felt, wrapped around your neck, the feeling that grew in your stomach as you became aware of the desk behind you and of him towering over you.

You ended up conjuring a strange looking crow with ruffled feathers, as if the bird had just escaped something trying to capture it. Professor McGonagall gave you a strange look as she was grading your performance, you usually did well in Transfiguration, and it was a rare occurrence for you to fail a test.

"y/n!" Laura snaps at you. 

You suddenly become aware of your surroundings and hurry to catch up with her.

"You okay? You seem a little out of it." Laura looks at you as you walk with her to your common room before lunch.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just tired, I guess." you reply, giving her an unconvincing smile.

"If you say so." she says sarcastically, but she doesn't push the matter further.

You reach your dormitory and flop down on your bed for a couple of minutes, trying to calm your mind.

Just focus! 

A familiar voice in your head shouts and you remember how angry Snape had looked as he shouted those words at you just a couple of hours earlier.

You sit up. You can't stop thinking about him. Why can't you stop thinking about him?

The whole situation is so confusing. You know the Professor has always been mean, completely ruthless even, to his students, but you never thought he would choke someone for fucks sake!

You shake your head and close your eyes, determined to put the entire situation from your mind for now. After taking a couple of deep breaths you're soon calm enough to head to lunch.

You reach the Great Hall and search for Laura through the swarm of faces at the y/h table. She catches sight of you and waves you over. You rush over to where she's seated and plop down next to her.

"Feeling any better?" she raises her eyebrows at you as she takes a bite of her roast chicken.

"Yeah, thanks." you smile at her. This time the smile is more convincing, to her and to you. You soon forget about the events of that morning as you look around at the food in front of you, realizing how hungry you've become over the past few hours.

Lunch takes your mind off of Snape, who, across the hall, stares at you, his hand on his chin. He couldn't focus after your interaction either.

***

The rest of the day passes by uneventfully, you glide through your classes, even trying to pay extra attention in History of Magic just to take your mind off of Snape. However, your anxiety creeps up as the clock slowly ticks closer to 7pm.

You leave dinner five minutes early and head down to the dungeons for your detention. You don't want to give Snape the satisfaction of having a reason to yell at you, so you arrive at the potions classroom early.