Stargazing

Author's note: shoutout to @alwayssnapeandlucius for the idea of this chapter, if any of u guys wanna see something specific happen in the story, always feel free to leave a comment, I'm always looking for inspiration lmao. Also, nsfw warning. this story might become pretty smut heavy for a while LMAO but I'm sure that's what most of you are here for anyway- so enjoy 😼

The rest of your classes that day go by smoothly. Most of the teachers are also feeling drained from the end of the first term, and are as ready for break as the students are. In Herbology, everyone is way too distracted to be able to properly handle the Snargaluff. Professor Sprout eventually gives up on trying to control the class, letting everyone have a free period.

That night, there's a feast to celebrate the end of term before the students head home. The Great Hall buzzes with excitement about the holidays and some people are exchanging gifts.

Towards the end of dinner, Cyrus, the Gryffindor from Potions Club, spots you at the y/h table in the noisy Hall.

"Hey! y/n!" he shouts as he makes his way over to you.

You look up from your pudding and turn in your seat. He smiles as he sits down in an open spot next to you, legs pointing away from the table so he's facing the opposite way from you. He leans his elbows back on the table and smiles.

"Hey." you smile at him.

"You okay?" Cyrus asks, lowering his voice, "I heard someone was attacked last night in the dungeons." He looks around hesitantly. "Was it you?"

You look back down at your plate.

"Yeah." you say quietly, "But I'm okay."

He raises his eyebrows questioningly.

"I promise." you add, forcing a smile.

He nods and looks back around the Hall.

"We should've waited for you," he says.

"Don't worry about it." you say, "They've had something out for me for a while. Sev- Snape caught them, they didn't hurt me." you say.

Cyrus nods again. "Still, I'm sorry we left."

He reaches down, pulling something out of his pocket.

"Here." He hands you a chocolate frog.

You raise your eyebrows at him with a smile. Cyrus shrugs.

"I thought you could use it." he says.

You open your mouth to say something but he abruptly stands up and walks backwards away from your table.

"Happy Christmas, y/n." Cyrus grins.

You watch him turn and head towards the door of the Great Hall. Other students begin to flow in that direction too. You leave your table and linger by the front entrance, people watching, as the crowd of students pushes their way outside and towards the train.

When all the students leaving for break have left, the entrance door finally shuts closed and an eerie quiet takes over the corridors of the castle. Just earlier, the castle was bustling with noise and excitement, but now it rings with silence.

You head to your dormitory and sigh with satisfaction when you realize all your roommates are gone. They're all sitting in the train headed to Kings Cross Station, leaving the room entirely for you. You smile to yourself when you think what this could mean; spending more time with Severus without having to sneak out early to avoid suspicions from your roommates.

For the next hour, you lounge around. You attempt to read for a bit, but quickly get bored. You decide to play with some makeup, and even try to fluff up your hair. Although subtle, the makeup brings out your features, and your hair frames your face in a flattering way.