14 The Philosopher's Stone

Most of the kids were in the great hall studying for final exams while me and the rest of the group were putting simple curses as pranks on Gryffindor's that weren't in the Great Hall yet. I put Neville under a leg lock curse and he was in the middle of taking a step so he fell flat on his face but I had a spell on me so I looked like Draco so when Neville went to the great hall he couldn't tell my brother that it was me. (We had Draco's permission to do it and he watched from a far.) We made a plan for me to go in first so that I could help Neville with his leg lock curse and so it wasn't suspicious when Draco came in. 

Harry's POV

We were all or most of us were in the great hall studying for final exams. I saw that my sister and her group weren't in the great hall but I was fine with it. They seemed to be really good friends and that Draco hadn't changed Y/N at all or so I thought. I was reading a book when Hedwig flew over so I said hi to her like normal. "Look at you, playing with your cards. Pathetic! We've got final exams coming up soon." "I'm ready. Ask me any question." "Alright, what are the 3 most crucial ingredients in a Forgetfulness Potion?" "I forgot." "And what, may I ask, do you plan to do if this comes up in the final exam?" "Copy off Y/N." "No, you won't. Besides, according to Professor McGonagall, we're to be given special quills bewitched with an Anti-Cheating Spell." "That's insulting! It's as if they don't trust us! Dumbledore again!" Ron And Hermione fought until they got interrupted "It is insulting to hear that you would cheat off me Ron! Now that's what's insulting!" Said a Familiar voice, it was Y/N and I was happy she was her as it would get Ron and Hermione to stop fighting.

Y/N's POV

I entered the great hall and heard that Ron would cheat off of my test to I went over to them and told Ron what I thought. I sat down and then heard someone jumping in I looked to see who it was and it was Neville. I laughed but stopped then I looked over as the Slytherin table and saw that Draco and the rest of the group were laughing their heads off. Draco gave me a good job look and continued laughing. "Leg-Locker Curse?" Ron asked "Malfoy." and when Harry replied i almost went off at him because he blamed my friend for something I did. "You have got to start standing up to people, Neville." Ron exclaimed "How? I can barely stand at all!" He said while wobbling. "I'll do the counter-curse!" Seamus said with enthusiasm. "No, that's all I need! You to set my bloody kneecaps on fire!" "I don't appreciate the insinuation, Longbottom. Besides, if anyone cared to notice my eyebrows have completely grown back!" Seamus said as he turned around and showed everyone that he had a bold spot on the back of his head unintentionally and walked off. "I found him!" My brother said excited "Dumbledore is particularly famous for his defeat of the dark wizard Grindelwald in 1945." Ron read "Go on!" Harry urged "For the discovery of the twelve used of dragon blood and his work on alchemy with his partner, Nicholas Flamel" "I knew the name sounded familiar. I read it on the train that day." Harry said as me and Hermione looked at each other.

Hermione raced to get her things together while I was up already running to the library but first I cured Neville of the curse I caused and continued running to the library to beat Hermione there and get the appreciation for it. "Follow me!" I shouted at Ron and Harry and Hermione knew that I would get there first so she just let me take them there. "Hermione had you looking in the wrong section. How could she be so stupid? I checked this out weeks ago for a bit of light reading." I said while Hermione was looking for the book still. "This is light?" Asked Ron I just glared at him for that comment. "Of course! here it is! Nicholas Flamel is the only known maker of the Philosopher's Stone." "The what?" The two asked in unison "Honestly, don't you two read? The philosopher's Stone is a legendary substance with astonishing powers. It'll transform any metal into pure gold and produces the Elixir of Life Which will make the drinker immortal." I continued "Immortal?" "It means you'll never die." Hermione said as she came back from looking for the book as she knew i would have it by now "I know what it means!" Ron said as Harry shushed him "The only Stone currently in existence belongs to Mr. Nicholas Flamel the noted alchemist who last year celebrated his 665th birthday. That's what I have been training Fluffy to guard on the 3rd floor. That's what's under the trap door. The Philosopher's Stone."

word count-859