15 Norbert the baby dragon

I was at Hagrid's hut talking about Fluffy and the new dragon egg he got. Hagrid said that I could name the dragon and train it as Hagrid knew I was into magical creatures just as much as he was. Once the old Care for Magical Creatures teacher was gone Hagrid wanted to go for it right away. He knew I would excel in that class and I might even be able to help teach some students some things and help train the creatures so they didn't go rouge in class. While I was in his hut we were waiting for the egg to hatch when there was a knock at the door. "Hagrid" I heard a familiar voice say of course it was my brother "Oh, hello, sorry, don't wish to be rude, but I'm in no fit state to entertain today." "We know about the Philosopher's Stone." "and i also know my sister is in there." They said and Harry continued "Oh" Hagrid said and let them in.

"They think Snape is trying to steal it." "Snape? Blimey, you're not still on about him, are you?" "Hagrid, we know he's after the Stone. We just don't know why." "Snape is one of the teachers protecting the Stone. He's not about to steal it." "What?" Harry asked looking at me. "You heard. Right. Come on, now, I'm a bit preoccupied today." "Wait a minute "One of the teacher"? And why is it that Y/N can stay but not us?" "Of course! There are other things defending the Stone, Aren't there? Spells, enchantments." "That's right!" I said "Waste of bloody time, if you ask me. Ain't no one gonna get past Fluffy. Ain't a soul knows how, except for me, Y/N and Dumbledore. I shouldn't have told you that. I should not have told you that. Sorry Y/N." The trio looked at me but the their attention went to the pot over the stove as there was a noise coming from it. "OMG Hagrid be careful of course it would be hot and be careful it is only a baby after all AND I want to name and train it when it is alive please." "Name and train it!" "Yes! You heard her right. Y/N is training Fluffy and will be training this little one to!" Hagrid said as he put the egg on the table. "Uhhh Hagrid, Y/N, what exactly is that?" Harry asked and I chuckled "That? It's" "I know what that is! But, Hagrid, how did you get one?" Asked Ron "I won it. Off a stranger I met down at the pub. Seemed quite glad to be rid of it, as a matter of fact." I watched in awe as it started to hatch as the other cowered away scared of what it would do.

As the dragon egg hatched i was thinking of names for a boy dragon "Is that a dragon." "That's not just a dragon. That's a Norwegian Ridge back. AND Y/N gets to train it so unfair! My brother Charlie works with these in Romania." "Isn't he beautiful? Oh, bless him. Look, he knows his mummy. Hello ..." "NORBERT THAT'S IT uhhh sorry Norbert that's his name." "Hello, Norbert." "Norbert" "Yeah, well, He's gotta have a name, doesn't he dear brother?" I joked "Don't you Norbert?" I continued as Hagrid was petting the dragon. When Hagrid stopped petting the dragon he gave a hiccup and a ball of fire came out of it's mouth "He'll have to be trained up a bit, of course. Won't be to hard will it, Y/N" Hagrid said as I was petting the dragon letting it get to know me. Hagrid looked out the window and saw a blond "Who's that?" Hagrid said and we all turned our heads and saw Draco the plan was working "Malfoy." Harry said in an annoyed voice "Oh, Dear." Hagrid replied and said sorry to me as he knew what might happen.

"Hagrid always wanted a dragon. He told me and Harry the first time we met him." "It's crazy. And worse, Malfoy knows, Y/N you might not be able to train Norbert." "I don't understand. Is it bad?" Hermione asked "It's bad." Ron continued looking up which made us all look up.

"Good evening." Professor McGonagall said as Draco came out from behind her with a smirk on his face. He saw me there and winked to say that he said I was meant to be there so I should not get as big of a punishment. I just nodded back and acted scared. We went into Professor McGonagall's office and waited for our punishment. "Nothing, I repeat, nothing gives a student the right to walk about the school at night. Therefore, as punishment for you actions, 50 points will be taken." "50?!" "Each. Except for you MS Y/N I know you were meant to be with Hagrid but to ensure it doesn't happen again all five of you will receive detention." I realized that she said five not three and Draco did what I was about to say what I was going to. "Excuse me, professor, perhaps I heard you wrong. I thought you said the five of us." "No, you heard me correctly, Mr. Malfoy. You see, honorable as your intentions were, you too were out of bed after hours." When the professor said that Harry got a smirk on his face and i got an apologetic look on mine. "You will join your classmates in detention." Draco looked at the trio with an angry look on his face but when he got to me in softened to a look of at lease we will be in this together look.

word count-948