16 detention

We were walking with Filch outside when he said "A pity they let the old punishments die. There was a time detention would find you hanging by your thumbs in the dungeons. God, I miss the screaming." As he said that the three Gryffindor's got a scared look on their face but me and Draco didn't as we knew it was just fake to scare kids. We were walking to Hagrid's hut and he said "You'll be serving detention with Hagrid tonight. He's got a little job to do inside the Dark Forest. A sorry lot, this, Hagrid." Hagrid sniffled and looked at me apologetically. "Oh, good God, man, you're not still on about that bloody dragon, are you?" As he said that I looked to Hagrid as to say what had happened to my baby Norbert. "Norbert's gone. Dumbledore sent him off to Romania to live in a colony." "NO! Why noooo!" I hugged Draco and cried into his shoulder. He let me and even tried to calm me down as he felt bad that he made the love of his life yes the frickin LOVE OF HIS LIFE cry. "Well, that's good, isn't it? He'll be with his own kind." "Yeah, but what if he don't like Romania? What if the other dragons are mean to him?" I managed to say through the hiccup's "He's only a baby, after all." Hagrid said as he knew I couldn't finish saying it. "Oh, for God's sake, pull yourself together, man. You're going into the Forest, after all. Got to have you wits about you." "The Forest? I thought that was a joke. We can't go in there. Students aren't allowed. and there are ... Werewolves" "There's more than werewolves in those trees, lad. You can be sure of that. Nighty-night." "Right. Lets go."

We were walking through the forest when we came across a silvery blood "Hagrid, what is that?" Asked my brother "What we're here for. See that? Y/N do you know what that is?" "Yes, I do. That's unicorn blood, that is." "Correct. I found one dead a few weeks ago. Now, this one's been hurt bad by something. So, it's our job to go and find the poor beast. Y/N did you bring what I told you to" "Yes I did!" "Right Ron, Hermione, you'll come with me. And Malfoy you'll go with the twins." "Okay. Then I get Fang." "Fine. Just so you know, he's a bloody coward." Draco saw that I was scared and comforted me "Don't worry, Y/N, we will be fine I am here for you ok. Come here." He said and gave me a hug. Everyone was in shock other than me. "What are you all looking at! I can't comfort my friend when she is upset" "No it's just you are hugging her and you did it before. You are acting like she is more then you are letting on, Malfoy." My brother hissed "W What are y you talk I ing about. we a are j j just frie ends" He stuttered which I thought was really cute and was not helping with my crush on my bff. But it gave me the idea that he might like me because he never hugged Pansy or any other one of his friends that are girls.

"You wait till my father hears about this school making me and Y/N do this. This is servant's stuff." "If I didn't know better, Draco, I'd say you were scared and had a crush on my sister." "I'm not scared, Potter." then there was a howl and Draco held onto me close "Did you hear that? Come on, Fang. Scared" The two kept bickering. "OMG stop fighting." After we walked a little further I had to stop "Ahhhh, owwww" I said holding my scar as it was burning "OMG Y/N ARE YOU OK? WHAT'S WRONG?" Draco asked all worried "My scar it starts to burn before Harry's when danger is near" I said with pain in my voice. Fang started to growl and Harry asked "What is it, Fang?" "He said THAT" I said pointing to the unicorn and the figure drinking it's blood "AHHHHHHHHHHHH, AHHH, AHHH, AHHHHH, AHHHH" Draco just kept screaming as he ran.

The figure started to come closer to me and Harry so we backed up as much as we could till we tripped and somehow I got the mist from around as and made a force field around me and Harry. I saw the shadow of what looked like a Centaur go over the shield and scare the cloaked shadow away. I brought the shield down but made it look like I used my wand so that harry thought it was a simple non-verbal charm. I stood up and then helped Harry up. "Harry Potter, you must leave and take you sister with you. You are known to many creatures here. The forest is not safe at this time. Especially for your sister and you too of course." "What was that thing you saved us from?" my brother asked "Your sister told me where you were so I could help, she did most of it but a monstrous creature. It is a terrible crime to slay a unicorn. drinking the blood of a unicorn will keep you alive even if you are an inch from death. But at a terrible price. you have slain something so pure that from the moment the blood touches your lips, you will have a half-life. A cursed life." "But who would choose such a life?" Harry asked again "Can you think of no one?" The centaur replied "Do you mean to say that thing that killed the unicorn ... that was drinking it's blood, that was Voldemort?" "Do you know what is hidden in the school at this very moment, Potters?" "The Philosopher's Stone." He replied to the centaurs question while I was over at the unicorn to see if it was still alive.

"Harry!" "Hello there, Firenze. See you've met our young Potter's. You all right there, Harry?" "What about Y/N where is she? IS SHE OK?" Harry just nods while I giggle "I'm fine Draco but can someone please pass me the vial in my bag, this unicorn is still alive." "Harry, Y/N Potter, this is where i leave you. You're safe now. Good luck. Oh and Y/N I see a future in caring for magical creatures for you, you love them don't you." "You I do now someone pass me that dam vial before THIS UNICORN DIES!" Quickly Draco gets the little bottle from my bag and gives it to me so I can put it on the Unicorns wounds and save it. The unicorn was a little scared at first but when I was petting it's head then put my forehead on it's it calmed down realizing that I saved it's life. "I will be forever thankful to you! I must go now but thank you for saving my life. You can name me so when ever you need help just call and I will be there." "No problem, I will name you Silver and I love magical creatures so it is my duty to save as many as I can." When I finished saying the Silver nodded her head and ran off. "SINCE WHEN CAN YOU TALK TO ANIMALS!" The kids yelled "How do you think she is training Fluffy?" "I put a spell on myself so I can talk to animals." We left the forest to go back to our dorms. Me and Draco went to the Slytherin common room and 'the golden trio' to the Gryffindor common room. We said our goodnight's and parted ways.

Word count-1285