Chapter 6

"Where are you taking us?"  Sam asked.  Strider announced loud enough for everyone to hear,  "To Rivendell, Master Gamgee."  Sam smiled and spoke to Frodo,  "Did you hear that? We're going to see the Elves!"  I sighed as we coninued walking; we've been walking for hours, I believe. Old memories came back when he said Rivendell. I thought back to my old crush, Legolas, and got butterflies in my stomach.  "Are you okay?"  Merry asked,  "You frowned all of a sudden."  I nodded and continued walking, ignoring old feelings. I had maybe less than a week to brace myself; we would have to pass through Mirkwood sooner or later anyway.

"Gentlemen,"  Strider spoke after they stopped walking,  "We do not stop traveling until nightfall."  Pippin asked,  "Well, what about breakfast?"  "We've already had breakfast."  Pippin retorted,  "We've had one, yes; but what about second breakfast?"  Strider turned and continued walking, as did the others. Merry whispered,  "I don't think he knows about second breakfast, Pip."  He gave Merry an absurd look and bearly screamed,  "What about elevensies? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper? Does he know about any of those?"  Merry patted his back and said,  "I wouldn't count on it, Pip."  An apples was flung at Merry; he smiled and handed it to Pippin. Another apples was flung and it hit Pippin in the head. He looked around as Merry called,  "Pippin!"

"You stay here,"  Strider commanded as he gave out swords,  "I'll be back soon."  He ran off;  Frodo announced,  "I'm getting some sleep."  We all nodded as we watched him sleep.  "I'm hungry,"  Pippin spoke.  Merry chuckled and agreed;  "Alright, I'll cook,"  Sam spoke. Only minutes later, Frodo woke up.  "You fools! Put that out!"  He screamed loudly.  A screech came from the woods. We heard horses galloping up the hill, closer to us. We grabbed our weapons and ran up the hill.

We tried fighting them off, but one ended up stabbing Frodo. Strider came back and fought them away.  "I'm leaving to get some herbs; I'll be back. Do NOT.. move."  He ran off again, and only moments later, Arwen showed up. A very beautiful lady elf that was good with medicine. All the guys looked up at her as she talked to Frodo,  "I need to get you to my father."  Strider came back not too long afterwards and he and Arwen started speaking Elvish to each other. Because I'm part elf and lived with them for ten years, I understood what they said. Apparently, his name was Aragorn. I think I knew his father.

Arwen rode to Rivendell with Frodo as daylight broke in and we continued walking to Rivendell.  "So, Aragorn, son of Arathorn,"  I spoke with a smirk. He looked at me and asked,  "How did you know my name? And my father's?"  I smiled as Merry spoke,  "She's my half sister; she's half elf and lived in Mirkwood for a while, so she speaks Elvish."  Aragorn commented,  "You didn't look like a full-blooded Hobbit, but I didn't want to say anything to a stranger, ha ha."  We al continued making small talk, until we reached Rivendell. It was night time when we reached Rivnedell, so we all got a tent and got settled in.

"Rayne,"  Merry spoke. I looked up at him as he continued,  "Do you like Peregrin?"  I furrowed my eyebrows.

*Pippin's P.O.V.*

"Do you like Peregrin?"  Merry asked Rayne. I shouldn't be eavesdropping, but I couldn't help it. The girl I've liked for so long, answering the question I've always wanted to ask her; there was a silence between them.  "Rayne, I'm your brother. This is something I need to know. If you like someone, ESPECIALLY my closest friend, I should know."  There was a nervous pause again; I felt anxiety building up inside me, waiting for her to answer. She never spoke a word. I let out a quiet sigh and returned to my own tent, with Sam.