Chapter 13

An agonizing feeling pushed all over my body; I kept my eyes shut. I was too scared to open them. 

"She's alive for now, but I'm taking her to Mirkwood for the elves to heal." 

"She could die any minute! It's too far away!"

"That's why we're riding an Eagle."

"Is Gandalf okay with it?"

A silence fell over the talking.

"Rayne won't make it much longer, we MUST get her help right away! Meet me when you all get there."

I was lifted up and tied to a body and another thing. I still couldn't open my eyes; it was difficult for me to open them. I felt something pushing against me, but I was still unable to feel what it was. It could've been a body, or the wind. I couldn't tell the difference. I'm unsure of how long I was riding, but eventually, we landed.  "You must heal her,"  the voice spoke, untying me from whatever I was tied to.  "She is wounded badly from war."  I felt myself being lifted, once more, and ran somewhere. A male voice spoke,  "You may feel stinging, but just ignore the pain. You must be a courageous woman for leaving into a man's battle."

Merry's P.O.V

I jumped on Frodo's bed; he's been asleep for a few days now. Aragorn, Sam, Pippin, Gandalf, and Gimli all surrounded the bed, smiling and laughing. The smiled drained off my face as words escaped Frodo's lips,  "Where's Rayne and Legolas?" Silence filled the air, and all was still. Gandalf spoke slowly,  "She had to be carried away after battle; Legolas took her to Mirkwood. She was in critical condition when she left. I'm still unsure of whether or not she's living."  Frodo's head shook as he whispered,  "No, she has to live. She has to be okay!"

We traveled through the woods, still trying to reach Mirkwod to see my dear sister. We've been traveling for a month. We haven't heard any word from Legolas; Pippin is depressed, as am I.  "Look,"  Sam spoke to Pippin, trying to cheer him up,  "Mushrooms!"  He didn't budge; he continued walking with the rest of us as Sam and Frodo stood in the back. Sam sighed and they caught up with us. I wiped my face clean from tears as we inched our way closer to Mirkwood.

Rayne's P.O.V.

"She's doing better, but is still in a lot of pain. What should we do?"

"Here; get her to eat this. She won't eat unless you tell her to."

Legolas hurried over to me with a soup looking dish and asked,  "Would you drink his for me?"  I slowly raised myself up and grabbed the bowl from his hands, mine shaking still. I finished and lifted the bowl away from my face; I pushed my arm out, but then dropped the bowl. Legolas quickly retrieved it before it hit the ground. He smiled and rubbed my head before walking away.

"The whip-slashes are still deep; so are the stab wounds. Her bruises, however, are gone, except for the one on her leg. It's been about a month, I would've thought she'd be healed better than this by now,"  the elf-nurse spoke.  I heard Legolas speak,  "It'll take time, I suppose. I'll be by her side for however long I must."  Footsteps walked back over to me; Legolas sat in the chair beside my bed. He smiled and spoke,  "You'll get better soon."

Nightfall rose, so Legolas was forced to go to his room. The male nurse sat beside me and spoke,  "Listen, I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but I must tell you: you're not getting any better. At this rate, you could get worse. You could die within three months, if no healing shows up. Would you like for me to tell Legolas?"  I shook my head and weakly whispered,  "No, no need to do that. I'll tell him when I'm ready."  The elf nodded and walked out of the room.  "Three months?"  I whispered to myself.  "Pip-Pippin.. please hurry.."

"Legolas, I don't want to wake her up! She might hurt me or something,"

"That's the thing, Merry... She is still nearly unable to move. She hasn't gotten better since the fight."

I opened my eyes to see the group standing in a circle. Gandalf, Gimli, Legolas, Merry, Pippin, Sam, and Frodo. Aragorn, however, was sitting in a corner. He saw my eyes open and smiled as the rest of the group continued arguing. "What are you smiling at?"  Asked Gimli. I smiled and tried to speak loudly,  "That's not very Aragorn-son-of-Arathorn of you."  All eyes were on me. Pippin and Merry rushed to my side. Pippin kissed my cheek and asked,  "How are you feeling, love?"  I weakly smiled and shook my head.  "Not good at all,"  I whispered. Gimli yelled in his booming voice  "I missed my Hobbit-Elf! Ha ha ha ha!"  I smiled as the guys surrounded me.

Later in the night, the guys left; all except for Pippin and Merry, of course. Merry was asleep in the corner as Pippin told me all the things he did during the battle, and what he had to do for the Steward. I smiled as he sang me the song for me. I smiled as he gently hugged me and kissed me.  "I'm about to sleep, do you need anything?"  He asked me. "Water-g-g-grab the water!" The voice of Gandalf shook through my mind, causing me to jump. I nodded and spoke,  "Could you get me some water very quickly?"  Pippin nodded and ran off. He came back with a bowl of water and lifted it up to my face,  "Here, drink."

I shook my head and spoke,  "I don't need to drink it just yet,"  I took the bowl and placed is on my lap and put my hand in it. The water began to glow a blue color; I was as shocked as Pippin was. He stumbled back over a chair, causing Merry to wake up.  "What's going on?"  Merry looked over to Pippin, who pointed at me. My whole body began to glow blue like the water. I felt pain in my wounds, which caused me to scream.  Merry jumped up and ran away, while Pippin fell to my side. The group ran into the room, alongside Merry. Gandalf smiled and held everyone back. My voice failed, causing me to stop the scream, as I turned back to my normal color. The water in the bowl was gone; the bowl was as dry as a bone.  "I see you're finally getting your abilities, Rayne,"  Gandalf spoke.  "Elves usually get some kind of ability or abilities; obviously, she can heal with water- HA!"  I fell back into my bed and passed out; I suppose it took a lot of energy.

I woke up the next morning and stood; I ate an apple and walked out of my room.  "Good morning, fellas,"  I announced. They all smiled and continued eating. Merry hugged me and sat down. Pippin kissed me and whispered,  "I love you, and I'm glad you'e doing better." I smiled and nodded as Legolas announced,  "Today will be the last day that Aragorn will be with us!"  I looked over to him and frowned,  "Awe, is it true?"  He nodded and spoke,  "I must return to rule over my Kingdom."  I smiled and hugged him.  "I'm glad you came to see me, Aragorn."  He hugged me back; we all sat at the table and enjoyed the last meal we'd have together.