Chapter 29

I felt my stomach do flips as he offered me a seat beside him; I sat quickly and fiddled with my thumbs in silence. Pippin was silent as well; he sat with his hands tucked together and his head facing downwards. He whispered quietly,  "I love you."  Without hesitation or thought in mind, I replied quickly,  "I love you too."  His head snapped up and our eyes met. I pulled my head eyes away and looked to the side. He scooted closer and asked,  "What did you say?"  My heart began to race as I debated whether or ont I should speak. I replied,  "I.. I love you, Pippin... I left Legolas in Mirkwood to be with you.."

I felt myself shrink more and more with each word I let out; Pippin gave me a small smile and spoke,  "Rayne, I want to be yours again. I promise I will not hurt you again. Please.."  His hand was covering mine now; his face showed hope as I only sat quietly. I felt his breath wave closer and closer. With each move he took, I took two moves. Our lips met and I could feel a smile slide on his face. I pulled back and spoke,  "I'd love to be yours again, Pippin."  His body rammed against mine and his arms flew around me. He laughed and squeezed me tightly. He slightly pulled away and kissed me. After we calmed down, he smiled. I smiled back and we decided to head over to Merry's house.

Years later, we were still together, No problems, barely any worries, and no difficulties. Our life together was better than last. With time, we married and of course had children. Our daughters Ozma and Ezma, and our sons Filolas, Kilolas, and Bilolas. Years after they were born, we went to visit Frodo and Bilbo Baggins in The Undying Island. We stayed and caught up before departing once again to return to the Shire. We visited around a lot, keeping up with old friends and such. Once our children grew up a little bit more, we continued to travel a little more.

I decided to go on a little walk in the forest. I was enjoying the peaceful setting, until something hit the back of my head. I was kicked down and blows were delivered o my face and throat areas. I was kicked, cut, beaten, bruised, and battered. They searched me, but found nothing; I heard their footsteps run off into the distance, leaving me. I lied there, bleeding out on the ground, for hours. They sky's light went down and the moon appeared. Dried tears were stained on my face, and my blood was begining to dry as well. I couldn't scream or move, I was beaten nearly tp a pulp. I heard more footsteps coming towards me. I began to cry, thinking it was the guy again.  "Rayne!"  I was lifted up, which caused me to wince. I continued to cry, still unable to move or speak. Pippin's voice soothed me as he carried me home swiftly.

He set me down on the bed, after calling for Merry and Sam, and began to clean my wounds quickly. He gasped and scratched the back of his neck nervously.  "You are aware,"  he attempted to joke,  "That you have a knife inside of you, right?"  My eyes widened as I looked down. I whispered,  "Oh look, I've been impaled..."  He chuckled and spoke,  "We need someone that knows what they're doing.."   "Mommy, what's that?"  Pippin nervously ran the kids out of the house and spoke,  "Go play with Uncle Merry."  He didn't come back for a long while. I looked down and touched the knife our of curiosity. I yelped and fainted.

"She should wake up soon, don't worry. However, I'm unsure if she'll live much longer." 

"What do you mean?"

"She's still bleeding internally, Mr. Took. There's nothing we can do. Gandalf can't heal this either; she's been hurt pretty badly. I'll let you all get your words out."

I heard a bunch of commotion, then silence. Running footsteps ran inside the room.  "Rayne, Rayne!"  I barely opened my eyes to see the outline of my brother.  "Hey, Merry. Looks like I really messed up this time, huh?"  He chuckled and spoke,  "You'll make it, Rayne. You're strong."  "Heh."  "You have visitors."  He called some people in and sat back. Legolas, Gimli, Nexus, Hexus, Thranduil, Arwen, Elrond, Frodo, Gandalf, Radagast, Sam, Rosie, and Aragorn walk in one at a time. I smiled and felt a tear roll down my cheek. I looked around; my smile faded.  "Where's Pip?"  Everybody looked around at each other. Merry answered,  "He's calming himself down. He's still not calm."  "I don't blame him,"  I spoke.  "After all, I'm dying."